Creatur Combat

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
Zvezda
Darkling

Creatur Combat

Post by Zvezda »

Hi all,

we need to find a convenient new way for conducting creature combat with the d20. The game now uses a d20 but the creature stats are still those of the d10 based game. This does not matter too much but the Combat Skill of a Tiger for example is now 8. The difficulty for an Armed Melee (which should be used for a creature) attack is still "Difficult" so the Tiger has a 40% chance of hitting a targed. In DC1 the same Tiger had an 80% chance. A "Man in Black" is worse than a Veteran NPC in Combat and so on. So for the d20 version all combat skills need at last to be doubled. The PC-Booster kit states that as the easiest way out. However this leads to the problem that some creatures will than have a combat skill which is considerably lower than their controlling attribute. Which might be okay for cattle but is very strange for daemons. They would come with a skill of 16 (8 if not doubled) but a STR of 23. If you combine both as for a Human NPC you would get an asset of 31. So it either is to high, to strange or to low. What shall we do?
I have no solution or even the gimps of one at hand. The only idea I have used for some time is that I tread all humanoid monsters like humans. So the banshee and the ghoul and the elf gremlins and the dark dwarfs and what not combine their skill and their STR value for the attack roll.
Руки Вверх!
Morthrai
Site Admin

Re: Creatur Combat

Post by Morthrai »

You will be glad to know that Norm and myself will be working this out, along with the other errors that have been spotted by you and the others who have been good enough to read through the book in full.

A special thanks to you Zvezda, your help has been invaluable on this :D
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
Zvezda
Darkling

Re: Creatur Combat

Post by Zvezda »

You are more than welcome! It is great fun to feel as a part of the team. 8)
Руки Вверх!