New or Old Products

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Yep that is a good point of view, nontheless I would prefere it if the computers would just be 'very fast' and 'state of the art' it is just too strange if your NASA PC's supercomputer is slower than the player's cellphone...

Post by Guest »

Zvezda wrote:Yep that is a good point of view, nontheless I would prefere it if the computers would just be 'very fast' and 'state of the art' it is just too strange if your NASA PC's supercomputer is slower than the player's cellphone...
True enough, probably best to use general descriptions. However, what about saddling the characters with retro style "brick" phones as well?
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Anonymous wrote:True enough, probably best to use general descriptions. However, what about saddling the characters with retro style "brick" phones as well?
Now this idea I like :lol: Of course, I do sometimes enjoy using props in game sessions so digging out my ancient Ericsson 'Don't drop it on your foot!' model along with the trenchcoat and airsoft .45 automatic would be pretty cool. 8)
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

All my players used to love the 1kg phones, since the did the same damage as a 9mm when thrown...
rrank5377

Post by rrank5377 »

Cel phones? You guys sure are nice to your players! My players have discovered that phones ring at the most inopportune stealth moments.

Vaguely reminds me of the time the player just barely failed the roll to make a collapsible bike...he thought he made the roll. Ah, good times.
-Ryan
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

One of the many reasons I liked the second season of the 'War of the Worlds' TV show was the little details they put in there, one of which was the payphones. The handset was attached to the side of the phone by a hefty metal arm which held the mouthpiece at face level. I think that was to stop the phones getting vandalised.
Lee Williams.
vadersson

Post by vadersson »

Hey gang,

I think that one thing we really need is new Dark Races books. After all we already have Volume 1, so lets make some more. There are tons of legends out there can we can flesh out.

I also really like the region books, or books on cirtan types of places like Demond Ground. A book about space travel might not be too bad too. Another Protodimension guide would be awesome as well.

A third possiblity would be source books tied to the Fiddleback triliogy by Micheal Stackpole. (Those books are great.) Just a thought.

There also should be a gear catalog and gun book, but that can be handled by grabing a Cabelas catalog. ;)

See ya,
Duncan
mchesebro

Post by mchesebro »

A single core book is a must. I came to DC via T2K. The single book format with a GM section is much easier to use in my play style. The only DC books I have are the 2nd ed master set, and they do have a good mix of info between them, but much of it seems to be duplicated to make them stand alones. I agree with the general ideas about the types of suppliments. Lots of sourcebook type stuff is helpfull in any game, but adventures need to less setting specific to work well in this game. My only real gripe about the books I have is that the editing could have been better. I know this has been discused on other lists, but the typos detract from what is otherwise a really good item. Lots of plot hooks. Tabloid items are one of the best parts of Demondground, IMHO.

Later,
Mark
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

vadersson wrote:Hey gang,

I think that one thing we really need is new Dark Races books. After all we already have Volume 1, so lets make some more. There are tons of legends out there can we can flesh out.
I like the idea of fleshing out myths and legends. On the other hand I wouldn't like to see huge amounts of creatures as was the case with D&D and its sundry monster manuals and fiend folios. These seem predicated on the assumption that a game only stays interesting if the players have new (and probably bigger and badder) enemies to fight. I'd suggest that interest is maintained by an intruiging game milieu with well plotted scenarios offering plenty of opportunities for roleplaying.
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Ivan Dobski wrote:
I like the idea of fleshing out myths and legends. On the other hand I wouldn't like to see huge amounts of creatures as was the case with D&D and its sundry monster manuals and fiend folios. These seem predicated on the assumption that a game only stays interesting if the players have new (and probably bigger and badder) enemies to fight.
I agree, but something I have done in the past to avoid PC over-confidence is use existing nasties in different ways. There's no reason why most of them can't learn from experience :) But yes, we don't want hundereds of monsters, otherwise we will end up with a gamer version of what real ale drinkers call 'tickers' (people who carry copies of the Good Beer guide and mark off every one they have encountered)
Ivan Dobski wrote:I'd suggest that interest is maintained by an intruiging game milieu with well plotted scenarios offering plenty of opportunities for roleplaying.
That's always the best way of course! 8)
Lee Williams.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

My vote is for a book on proto-dimensions. Regarding another Dark Races book, definite maybe. It's always an option (in games I run) to simply change an aspect or two of an existing creature to confuse the party. Flame-resistant mummies are always a surprise.
TANSTAAFL
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Another vote for a revamped Proto-Dimensions sourcebook then Jeff? I am sure it will be seriously considered, as that is something else I'd like to work on myself 8)
Lee Williams.
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

A new protodimensios book would be great. I guess that is also something uniqe for DC, to distinguish it form other horror games.
Mister E

Post by Mister E »

I'd really like to see a book focusing on the meta-corps, or the floundering national governments. I like to keep the players on their toes by reminding them that a guy dosen't have to be in league with the Dark Ones to be a really bad guy.

-E
Last edited by Mister E on Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

One of the best things in DC was always that not every thing was covered by rule books. There is not even a time when the game is set. But a list of powerful corporations would be interesting.