First Contact

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
Nivicus

First Contact

Post by Nivicus »

Hello everyone,

I started a DC group in the Denver metro area about 3 months ago and so far it has been going balls to the wall since. I have created a series of adventures and plot lines leading up to a final battle with a demon named Balam. To get there there are three protagonists that are involved with Balam. First is Balam's Charon named Damian. He has two acolytes, Terry Brooks and Steven McCallister. The party has already encountered Terry Brooks, unawares as to his relation to Damian and Balam. This topic will be an account of the party's encounters and experiences through the campaign. Hope this helps with any of your campaigns! Thanks.

Jon
Linden
Darkling

Re: First Contact

Post by Linden »

Hi Jon, welcome to the forum.

Is Terry Brooks helping the Dark Lords by making the world miserable with a never ending series of dud fantasy novels? Just wondered. :wink:
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Post by ReHerakhte »

Welcome to the forum Jon, hope you find plenty here to interest you.

And as for you Linden... I have to admit to laughing aloud when I read your comment! :mrgreen:

P.S. Hmm, I just realized Jon had actually posted an introduction some time back and this is his second post to the forum, ah well, at least we now know everyone is still alive here!
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Hi again Jon! It sounds like you have your whole plotline worked out complete with a Final Battle and all.

Keep us posted on how it goes :)
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

Joking aside Jon, I like your idea of a layered hierarchy - the man behind the man behind the man (or minion in this case).

I'd be interested in how you deal with the issue of the Charon being "granted empathic powers normally unavailable to human stock" despite an EMP stat of only 2 and seemingly no Empathy based skills. Most human empaths would make mincemeat out of him. Dark Races rather fell down there, an interesting villain bodged by sloppy writing and/or editing.
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
Nivicus

Post by Nivicus »

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and input. And Linden... I seriously did not think of the beloved author when I created Terry. :lol: That is seriously hillarious. No wonder the name came to me so easilly.

Lee, I am a humongous fan of what you and the rest of 3 hombres are doing with a 3rd edition for DC. I am so stoked to see it released and new life breathed into a seemingly forgotten game setting and system. If you have any need of feedback from my thoughts on broken and problematic rules in 1st ed and 2nd ed, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks again everyone.

Jon
Nivicus

Post by Nivicus »

Linden wrote:Joking aside Jon, I like your idea of a layered hierarchy - the man behind the man behind the man (or minion in this case).

I'd be interested in how you deal with the issue of the Charon being "granted empathic powers normally unavailable to human stock" despite an EMP stat of only 2 and seemingly no Empathy based skills. Most human empaths would make mincemeat out of him. Dark Races rather fell down there, an interesting villain bodged by sloppy writing and/or editing.
As far as these Charon, they are rolled up NPCs that fell into the darkness by being "persuaded" by Balam. So needless to say, the mincemeat you speak of are going to be the mincers! :twisted: It will be a long time coming for the party to actually learn who their protagonists are, they've already been approached by Terry; both joining the party and shrouded in a cloak. The plot does thicken, I assure you.
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

Nivicus wrote:
As far as these Charon, they are rolled up NPCs that fell into the darkness by being "persuaded" by Balam.

That sounds like a really good way to do it, overlay the basic Charon concept onto some pre-existing stats. Makes sense in the context of them being corrupted individuals rather than a race as such.
Nivicus

Post by Nivicus »

I'll actually post a new thread with my campaign work in it. The link to it is viewtopic.php?f=3&t=662&p=4498#p4498
Nivicus

Post by Nivicus »

Alright everyone, so I have been a bit of a shadow of my former self. My appologies for that, life and all. I've come to the conclusion that working on the campaign, working for a living, and trying to keep everyone up to date on my campaign won't work too well. So, my solution to this is; I have been using a voice recorder for every one of my sessions (minus 2 I think). Once I get them converted over to the computer, I plan on creating podcasts. If that doesn't work out, then what I'm going to do is load them to my 4shared account and make it available to all who want it. I'll keep eveyone posted on my progress with all of that. Thanks.

Jon
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

That makes sense, I for one am not so good at keeping up with things :oops:
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"