Report the Anarchists!

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
Zvezda
Darkling

Report the Anarchists!

Post by Zvezda »

Now! Do it! Maybe someone should tell the London Police that 1984 was not meant to be an instruction manual. And also of the fact that Lee holds the copyright for the SPP-Britain.
I mean actually I don't have any ideas of your Anarchists over there (besides Mel C that is) but I always considered them rather harmless skater kids with an open approach towards illegal smoking substances. Anyways I am reporting Mel C while I type. Better Safe than Sorry.
Руки Вверх!
Linden
Darkling

Re: Report the Anarchists!

Post by Linden »

Blimey, you're opening a whole can of worms here mate: British anarchists by and large aren't dope smoking skater kids. Check out the likes of Crass or Conflict if you want to see some proper crusty punk British anarchists (their music is bloody awful though). I remember back in the early to mid-90s Class War being popular with certain sections of the yoof in my home town. Rumour was that the organisation was infiltrated by MI5 and/or Special Branch, and was really a government front enabling the powers that be to keep a watch on the crusty brigade. If so they seem to have taken their eye off the ball since then as general consensus is that the police got a bit of a surprise from the anarchist inspired aggro merchants at the recent student fee demos.

The not entirely serious post above only scratches the surface of British anarchism: It's a massive sprawling sub-culture and there's connections with punk, animal rights, new age travellers, dance music, all sorts of things - do a bit of googling and you'll find loads of interesting stuff. The biography of the late Wally Hope isn't a bad starting point as it spans the punk and hippy eras as well as featuring an alleged conspiracy surrounding his death.
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

A slight aside...Obviously with me growing up close to where Linden did, I too remember much of what he mentioned. Several of my friends were into various aspects of that part of the counter-culture, with some of them being on the Peace Convoy. Meaning no disrespect to anyone who seriously supports the anarchist movement, the ones I knew were really just pub philosophers.

As Linden says, there are many and varied types of anarchy fans. Also, some of the music was indeed awful :?
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

Morthrai wrote:
Also, some of the music was indeed awful :?

I did used to like The Subhumans though...
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."