DJ visited by energy ETs

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
Linden
Darkling

DJ visited by energy ETs

Post by Linden »

Rather mean spirited article here about the Smashie and Nicey generation of UK Radio 1 DJs. The really interesting bit is 4th paragraph from the bottom.

I wonder what those most enigmatic of Dark Conspiracy aliens want with Noel. What kind of deal, or no deal, did they offer him?
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Re: DJ visited by energy ETs

Post by ReHerakhte »

Interesting read for a lot of reasons and I agree completely with your assessment that it was rather mean spirited.
It isn't the first time I've read about DJs having 'unusual' experiences, one in particular was about some Australian radio jock who felt the presence of a former station presenter while he was working late at night.
He recalled that the ghostly presence was benevolent and I suppose it's no surprise that someone working at night would be visited by someone or something as they toil towards the 'witching hour'.
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

ReHerakhte wrote:It isn't the first time I've read about DJs having 'unusual' experiences, one in particular was about some Australian radio jock who felt the presence of a former station presenter while he was working late at night.
He recalled that the ghostly presence was benevolent and I suppose it's no surprise that someone working at night would be visited by someone or something as they toil towards the 'witching hour'.
It does seem the sort of situation that's tailor made for strange encounters. In a similar vein I remember Ramsey Campbell wrote a story inspired by working on local evening radio. Now you've reminded me of it I might try and dig it out. Think it might be in his short story collection Dark Feasts.
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Oddly enough, I was just listening to an old playlist of mine and the first track on it was 'At The Sign of the Swingin' Cymbals', better known to us Brits as Alan 'Fluff' Freeman's theme tune.

A ghostly materialisation based on him would be fun...not 'arf! :D
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

Morthrai wrote:
A ghostly materialisation based on him would be fun...not 'arf! :D

I'm sure that was a Harry Enfield sketch, or did I imagine it?
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Linden wrote:

I'm sure that was a Harry Enfield sketch, or did I imagine it?

Let's not forget The Young Ones appearance either! 8)
(which I can't find a damn clip of...internet fail)
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

Morthrai wrote:
Let's not forget The Young Ones appearance either! 8)
(which I can't find a damn clip of...internet fail)

I remember that! One of those surreal interludes which were often more entertaining than the main show - the Witchfinder General re-enactment at the bottom of the garden was a particular fave.