Inside a modern "farm factory"

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Inside a modern "farm factory"

Post by ReHerakhte »

WARNING - If you don't want to know how you get meat on your table, perhaps you should not view the following pages. Same applies if you're squeamish around dead things

The following link has a number of images from a modern pig farm although factory is a more appropriate name. I've linked this here because it's the type of thing that modern agriculture corporations are doing and I think it's exactly what we'd be seeing in DC.
http://englishrussia.com/index.php/2010 ... more-27516
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...
Zvezda
Darkling

Re: Inside a modern "farm factory"

Post by Zvezda »

Tasty, time for my lunch break.
Руки Вверх!
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Plans for what would have been the UK's largest dairy farm had to be rethought after a public outcry. Pretty sure there wouldn't be any such complaints in DC.

As an aside, one of my main influences for DC was Howard Chaykin's Amercian Flagg comic series. In order to feed the population of 2030's America, they had giant genetically modified cattle in factory farms. "Home Of Mabel the Mutant Cow!" as the signs read. :shock:
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

Morthrai wrote:Plans for what would have been the UK's largest dairy farm had to be rethought after a public outcry. Pretty sure there wouldn't be any such complaints in DC.
One of my holiday photos that I stuck up on the contributions thread on the Protodimension forum was of a huge sugar factory in the Lincolnshire countryside that I thought could double for a DC agricorp installation. In many ways Lincolnshire is an attractive, scenic county but parts of it are flat and bleak and do seem suited to the worst types of farming practice.
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
Story
Minion

Post by Story »

ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Post by ReHerakhte »

I wasn't intending to revisit this particular page but the link I originally posted is long dead and while searching for an archived copy of it, I found a related story on the same English Russia website.

Internet Archive Wayback Machine page for the link I originally posted. Unfortunately most of the photos don't load (or perhaps, fortunately for those of a more delicate nature?)
https://web.archive.org/web/20110529031 ... he-inside/

Related story about an abandoned pig farm. The reason this is of interest is it shows the size of a typical pig farm. This is not even a particularly large farm but it does give an idea of how industrial farming has become.
One comment is interesting, the poster said, "Looks like concentration camp"
https://englishrussia.com/2009/11/17/ab ... wine-city/
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...