Timeline.....

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
Braxen

Timeline.....

Post by Braxen »

I am putting together a timeline for not only me to reference the events leading up to the conditions of the world in DC but for my players as well. I start with events happening this year and move forward to my campaign time period (2035).

Will there be something like this in the new edition?
"Hey guys did you hear that scraping sound? guys? GUYS?!"

Braxen
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

I don't believe that there will be actual dates in the background for the new edition. However, there will be a background that is based on real-world events but extrapolates them into the 'Dark Earth' frame used previously. It won't be exactly the same though, and there will still be plenty of room for individuals to add their own touches :) There will of course be enough detail for newcomers to start out with as well.
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
Braxen

Post by Braxen »

good deal :lol: .

At least there will be some type of frame work for me to work with and twist to make my players twitch :twisted:
"Hey guys did you hear that scraping sound? guys? GUYS?!"

Braxen
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

That's what we like to hear, DC referees twisting things about! :twisted:
Lee Williams.
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

No exact dates if that is possible! :wink: Many people I know or play DC with love the fact that the game is so 'free'. I think there is pretty of framework without a timeline.
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

That is what we are planning on Zvezda 8)
Lee Williams.
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

I'd buy it! 8)
R.A.G.G.

Post by R.A.G.G. »

An article by Mike Marchi (Demonground Issue #11, Pg.67) has a great timeline to start with. I used it as a basis for our timeline, adding real world events (especially those that may have been caused by the Dark Lords' minions) and, of course, new fictional events.
Kevin GM/DM
Roll'em Again Gaming Group
Oregon Chapter
"In a world of games ... WE are the Gamers"
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

That tsunami thing springs in mind...
R.A.G.G.

Post by R.A.G.G. »

Zvezda wrote:That tsunami thing springs in mind...
Yes, especially since there has been a noticable increase in earthquakes in that SAME area off of the coast over the last 6 or so years.

I you would like to REALY shake up your timeline, try this ... a real threat just right for the Dark Lords and cruel GMs.

"The sudden and unexpected massive eruption of the Cumbre Vieja volcano on La Palma in the Canary Islands caused a massive chunk of rock to break off its western flank, crashing into the sea and kicking up huge walls of water triggering a ''mega-tsunami.'' The wave was estimated to be traveling at 700 km per hour (435 mph) and was as high as 101 m (330’) when it hit the west Saharan shoreline and the coastlines of Britain, Spain, Portugal, and France traveling six to eight kilometers (4-5 miles) inland, destroying everything in its path. Experts in the U.S. estimated that the “Canary Tsunami” was going to reach the east coast of the U.S. approximately nine hours after the eruption with a wall of water 50 m (164 feet) and travel two to three kilometers (1-2 miles) inland, destroying everything in its path. In a desperate attempt to lesson the disaster, the president authorized the use of the 21,000-pound Massive Ordnance Air Blast, or MOAB, bomb and nuclear weapons in the hopes of disrupting the wave. Approximately 169 km (105 miles) from shore several multiple MOABs and kiloton-rated nuclear weapons randomly detonated under the surface of the ocean, mostly in front of the largest coastal cities, causes multiple smaller 15-20 m (49-66 foot) waves to hit the east coast of the U.S. pushing inland one to two kilometers (½ to 1¼ miles). The tsunami’s wave continued on. A 50 m (164 feet) wave smashed into the Caribbean, the final north Atlantic destinations to be affected by the tsunami, and a 40 m (130 foot)) wave hit the northern Brazil coast."
Kevin GM/DM
Roll'em Again Gaming Group
Oregon Chapter
"In a world of games ... WE are the Gamers"
Fiannaidhe

Post by Fiannaidhe »

Man that would have been a bad time to be a Tuna boat captain. :lol:
Bob
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

It would even suck for the tuna to be precise!