Favourite Assignment

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror

Which did you like best?

Amongst the Dead
33%
Hellsgate
17%
Ice Deamon
No votes
Nightsider
17%
Heart of Darkness
33%

Total votes: 12

Zvezda
Darkling

Favourite Assignment

Post by Zvezda »

With of the published DC adventures was your favourite and what for? Many of those published in the various Deamongrounds where really good but I want to know which of the original DC adventures you liked best. Hey by the way was there more than the five I have listed above?
Marcus Bone
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Bone »

This of special interest to me, as I have three of the existing DC adventures scanned and almost ready for sale (in pdf format) via DrivethruRPG.
Owner of http://www.darkconspiracytherpg.info and other great RPG websites -
- Stormbringer! - Supporting the Eternal Champion RPGs at http://www.stormbringerrpg.com
- Unbound Publishing - Bringing back the fear - http://www.unboundbook.org
Antenna

Post by Antenna »

I tend to say that my adventure "Grey witch" is the best... stop it... stop laughing at me.... You don't laugh at me, I am the GM.... I roll my biggest dice.... Yeah I dare to roll my biggest dice... Yeah where were we, grey witch is the best adventure, really... belive me ;)

Antenna
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

None of the above.

Our GM did a fine job of running a couple of Michael LaBossiere adventures from Challenge.

Possible Spoilers

Last Stop was really horrific. Exploring the aliens' lair/lab particularly so. GM substituted human ETs for the Type II insectoids invented by the author, which were arguably redundant. I'm going to run this for CoC one day and use the mi-go as the villains of the piece.

Globules was quite tense as well. Especially sneaking through the military cordon around the town. If I remember right the GM dispensed with the Daemon army captain sub-plot. Possibly on the grounds that it was over egging the pudding.
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Ivan Dobski wrote:None of the above.
Our GM did a fine job of running a couple of Michael LaBossiere adventures from Challenge.
I always thought that Doctor LaB's adventures were pretty good as well, and if memory serves I believe Marcus is also a fan of his work. I ran 'The Thing on the Bike Path' as an intro adventure about four years back and it went well, though the planned campaign never came to fruition :evil:

I wonder if we might be able to tempt him back into the fold, whatya think Marcus? 8)
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
vadersson

Post by vadersson »

I voted for Nightsider as I love zombies. ;) And nerve gas is always exciting. I used that module (which is rare for me) as the basis for quite a little campaign. I basically embelished the module.

I would also give honerable mention to Hellsgate for involving the Io connection, something I like about DC given my interest in the solar system. In my adventures destroying the Gate on Io is the first step in stoping the Dark Invasion.

There was alos the New Orleans camaping adventure book by GDW. I would also mention the basic Vampires in Dayton from the core book which worked great for my game when i ran it. It would be interesting to see the New Orleans book updated post Katrina. (Ya know, I think I saw a Dark Elf with a shovel over by that levee...)

See ya,
Duncan
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

I agree nightsider was quite nice. Zombies and stuff. It was very similar to Romero's Day of the Dead.
I do not own the New Orleans book. But it would be horrible to relaunch it without a Katrina update. It has a lot of space for conspiracies. Why was the aid so bad organized? Did the refugees realy had to pay for their evacuation? Anyways... I liked Heart of Darkness best. It was great have the PCs move around the globe.
rrank5377

Post by rrank5377 »

I can't really state which is my favorite. I have most of the adventures listed, but I haven't actually read through them all. I did enjoy New Orleans. I have two comments about that book:

Comment the first: despite the title, it wasn't really about New Orleans. It was an adventure that happened to take place in New Orleans, not a setting book. Though I wish it was a setting book...I want more setting material for DC, much like the Sin City books for DC2. (Truth be told, I only have the first of the 3 books...from what I hear that may not be a bad thing)

Comment the second: I think great care would have to be taken if Katrina was to be mentioned in a new book. New Orleans is finally starting getting back on its feet (I'd say they're sitting up and starting to get their feet under them, certainly not standing yet), and if someone was to release a book writing about conspiracies involving Katrina, someone would take it the wrong way and draw some very negative attention to the book. What I would do is wait until New Orleans is fully back up and running. I'd give it a year from now...at least. Maybe two.

I think if you were to release a book now, a topic that could be used are the attacks on September 11, 2001. They're still fresh in people's minds, but we're really seeing a lot of conspiracy theories on it. For example: who here saw pictures of the Pentagon soon after it was attacked, before the outer wall collapsed? For those of you that saw those pictures, I ask you this: where is the plane? Putting a Dark Conspiracy RPG twist on those attacks could really be fun and interesting.
-Ryan