Weapon choices for Dark Conspiracy

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Morthrai wrote: He might, but don't make the assumption that it's going to do you any good :shock: :twisted:
Yeah this usually indicates that there are going to be very nasty enemies.
anthraxus
Mike

Post by anthraxus »

Verily, it's always a bad sign when the GM answers all equipment requests with "Sure, go ahead and get whatever you want." :twisted:
"All right, Phase 6, Bad guys go first..."
TMM

Nasty revolver out now

Post by TMM »

Taurus has released the M410, a 5-shot revolver featuring a cylinder chambered for either .45 Long Colt or 2 1/2" .410 shotgun shells.

It's a bit of close-in destruction not to be missed when it goes boom. Ugly little brute, but I suppose it's even worse for the poor skank on the other end...
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Yep, I heard about that thing. The shotgun shells must be truely devastating at close range.
Morthrai
Site Admin

Re: Nasty revolver out now

Post by Morthrai »

TMM wrote:Taurus has released the M410, a 5-shot revolver featuring a cylinder chambered for either .45 Long Colt or 2 1/2" .410 shotgun shells.
I always thought the Thunder Fivewould be better if it had a longer barrel, and now Taurus have done more or less that exact thing. Pretty neat.
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Intresting link! Thanks for sharing.
anthraxus
Mike

Post by anthraxus »

Just heard about this today: The DREAD or MPDS

Synopsis: Centrifugal fired small arm that can maintain a RoF of 120,000 rpm at approximately 8000 fps. The projectiles are small, textured metal balls. There is no propellant and no exhaust. Thusly the weapon is complete recoilless, heatless, and frictionless. It is capable of firing a default 10-round burst with a distance of .030" between rounds, as opposed to the 100-180' with conventional firearms. The only sound is the crack of the projectiles breaking the sound barrier as they leave the gun. The RoF and speed of the projectiles can be dialed down to a non-lethal configuration, or to anywhere in between.

According to the manufacturer they already have an advanced working prototype of the weapon at their connecticut facility.

My initial stats for it:
DREAD
Mag: 5000
ROF: 10 - 10000
Damage: Standard - 8, CCR - 12
Pen: 0-1-2
Bulk: 6
SS: 0
Burst: (I forget how the burst numbers work.)
Range: 125
Availability: -/-

There is a fair amount of contention of whether the weapon is even feasible for actual military use, but it is certainly a cool idea.
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Does it have Dam 8 or minus 8? I'll have to read the whole page. Thanks for posting it.
anthraxus
Mike

Post by anthraxus »

Damage is 8 for the standard tungsten round, and 12 for the CCR.
Mister E

Post by Mister E »

I'd like to see an XM-8 Battle Rifle in the new version. I think there's a companion pistol, but I don't remeber what it is called.
Stare not too long in to the abyss...
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Mister E wrote:I'd like to see an XM-8 Battle Rifle in the new version. I think there's a companion pistol, but I don't remeber what it is called.
Well, if things go right for the new edition then there's always the option of a weapons supplement in the future. That way I can put in a load of stuff that wouldn't fit into the new corebook :twisted:
Lee Williams.
anthraxus
Mike

Post by anthraxus »

Even if the weapon supplement was PDF release only, I'd buy it.
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Any future releases are dependent on how well the corebook does but I'm already thinking about drawing up a list of what to put in a new weapons supplement 8)

Just in case.
Lee Williams.
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

The new HK pistols are the HK-30 (00?) (which is just an ohther wonderniner) and the P46 which is basically the equivalent of the FiveseveN.
I would like to see more different types of ammunition for DC. Especially for 12g shotguns.
For the XM-8 rifle, just keep in mind that development has been put on hold (or has it already been cancelled?) and that it never reached serial production.
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Zvezda wrote:I would like to see more different types of ammunition for DC. Especially for 12g shotguns.
That is something I had considered but for now we are just concentrating on the core book. I guess we could add a few details in future supplements and adventures. 8)
Zvezda wrote:For the XM-8 rifle, just keep in mind that development has been put on hold (or has it already been cancelled?) and that it never reached serial production.
Yes I believe it has been cancelled, I will have to check further.
Lee Williams.