Weapon choices for Dark Conspiracy

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

Zvezda wrote:Speaking of strange rilfes...has any one of you made rules for the AN-94 'Abakan'?
This bloke again:

http://www.pmulcahy.com/assault_rifles/ ... rifles.htm

Scroll about three quarters down the page and there it is.

It does occur to me that the double fire action isn't well simulated by the burst fire rules. As I understand it the first and second shots will hit more or less the same point, which makes the Abakan useful against body armour. Might be better to say that in double shot mode a hit expends two bullets and gives two damage rolls against the same body location?

I remember seeing something like this in Challenge applied to a late model M16 firing duplex ammo (although you got two hits for one bullet there).
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
anthraxus
Mike

Post by anthraxus »

I'd be more inclined to adjust it so that one shot expends two bullets but jumps the Pen value to 1-2-3 and the damage to 4
"All right, Phase 6, Bad guys go first..."
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Zvezda wrote:Speaking of strange rilfes...has any one of you made rules for the AN-94 'Abakan'?
I think when I tried to detail it a while ago I decided to up the damage to 5 with that 2-shot extremely high ROF, as the bullets are so very close together I reckoned if one hits then the other will as well :twisted: I left the Pen rating as standard for that ammo type though.
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

I have made somewhat like 9 trillion fire arms and several thousand melee weapons (along with a couple of grenades and rounds) myself but I failed to bring up a working Abakan. Treating the two round burst as a single shot and increasing the dam to 5 seems so easy and so workable. They did not made you chief weapons engineer for no reason I think.
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Many thanks for the compliment there :D

It is always good to know people appreciate our work!
Lee Williams.
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Ohhh...I can do more of that: Republic of England...Brilliant! My Players had loads of 'fun' there. Especially on the Rigs.
R.A.G.G.

Post by R.A.G.G. »

vadersson wrote:...and if my wife would support me having guns in real life M1 Garand and Colt 1911...
I do own them both and although I would prefer larger magazine capacities, these two are a fine combination.

My current preference:
Springfield XD-45 (5")
Springfield M1A Scout Squad or SOCOM (well for DC, custom M14)
Franchi SPAS-12 (old but handy, although a USAS-12 would be ... more handy)
Kevin GM/DM
Roll'em Again Gaming Group
Oregon Chapter
"In a world of games ... WE are the Gamers"
Braxen

Post by Braxen »

For me I like the savage 311 regular or sawed off form for close in fighting....Something about spraying buckshot in tight qarters just feels right to me somehow :twisted: .

I like the Colt Krait for the sidearm. Nice gun on paper.

For the sparying effect I like the H&K CAW. yes its from the infantry weapons of the world book. imo a must have if your running DC.
"Hey guys did you hear that scraping sound? guys? GUYS?!"

Braxen
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Braxen wrote:Its from the infantry weapons of the world book. imo a must have if your running DC.

True! Even though it is rarely used these days and most of the time only refered to as the 'Antique Firearms Catalogue'. Most players use more modern stuff. By the way does someone has more information on the south african 'Musgrave' pistol? It looks silenced to me. I would be greatful for every additional information I could get.
Braxen

Post by Braxen »

Zvezda wrote:
Braxen wrote:Its from the infantry weapons of the world book. imo a must have if your running DC.

True! Even though it is rarely used these days and most of the time only refered to as the 'Antique Firearms Catalogue'. Most players use more modern stuff..
For the sake of keeping things in balance I limit my players to printed game material only. Besides whether its a current weapon or not it will still put a hurting on a body :) . Imagine the emberrasment of some super-hightech gun toting grunt being taken out of action by a flintlock wielding redneck :D
"Hey guys did you hear that scraping sound? guys? GUYS?!"

Braxen
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

There are more embarrassing things than getting shot by a musket. Standard handguns form the mid 1600s deliver a lot more damage than today’s assault rifles. Anyways...I think players should have the guns they want and to with the PCs have access. I don't see a reason not granting them a Glock 17 just because it is not published in any GDW book.
But I rarely equip my NPCs with too deadly guns. Hell, the funniest things happen while playing.
On one occasion our most deadly, most armoured and best equipped super fighter got knocked of his feet by a grenade. He did not take any considerable damage form the blast but he fell into a sewer system. The (power gaming) player was a bit confused, but eager to return to the fighting. So he asked the GM what to do to get out of the sewer. The GM told him he simply needs to succeed in a swimming roll to climb out of the dirt. ‘Swimming?’ came the reply, ‘is that a combat skill?’ So the poor super fighter drowned in the city’s waste. Terrible end. It was the last game of cyberpunk we ever head with characters without swimming skills.
dirk706

Big Guns

Post by dirk706 »

Sidearm : BFR .45/70 Gov't Revolver http://www.magnumresearch.com/news_deta ... imes03.asp

Longarm : Marlin Model 1895GS .45-70 http://www.marlinfirearms.com/firearms/ ... 895GS.aspx

I would like to see big bore rifles in the game if they are not already there. I personally enjoy the .45-70 hunting :twisted: and target shooting.
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Nothing beats lever action in the field of coolness!
fenlason
Prole

Post by fenlason »

would like to see big bore rifles in the game if they are not already there.
I favor either the M107 .50 Caliber Special Application Scoped Rifle SASR
Long Range Sniper Rifle (LRSR) (http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ ... d/m107.htm) or the Daisy M600 in 14.5 mm (http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn61-e.htm). I found that a sniper can efficiently take out a lot of baddies and the best defense is distance. Both of these calibers are in the original game or in Twilight 2k. The Storm Gun at 20 mm is pushing utility a bit, but against Ice Dragons that can sap the heat out of anything nearby, my preference would be to engage with armour piercing at range. But that's just me...

Handguns don't matter. For close range I prefer a shotgun. If the shotgun does not penetrate, I run away.

While the definitions for the weapons may be in the game, the GM may not let you have it... :wink:

Or maybe he will

Norm
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

fenlason wrote: but against Ice Dragons that can sap the heat out of anything nearby, my preference would be to engage with armour piercing at range. But that's just me...
Engagement at range is of course preferable, but when some Evil Things start "coming out of the goddamn walls" it's already too late :twisted:
fenlason wrote:Handguns don't matter. For close range I prefer a shotgun. If the shotgun does not penetrate, I run away.
Can't argue with that Norm! :)
fenlason wrote:While the definitions for the weapons may be in the game, the GM may not let you have it... :wink:

Or maybe he will
He might, but don't make the assumption that it's going to do you any good :shock: :twisted:
Lee Williams.