Dark Conspiracy Forum RPG

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
anthraxus
Mike

Dark Conspiracy Forum RPG

Post by anthraxus »

In my excitement over the revivication of Dark Conspiracy I've decided to start a new project. This project is a persistant, multi-character online Dark Conspiracy game. This will be a little different from a regular DC game of course, but I think the core idea is pretty solid.

If you would like more information please come check it out at http://www.raging-gargoyle.com/games/dcfrpg
"All right, Phase 6, Bad guys go first..."
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Wow, you did put a lot of work in it! I wait paciantly for my addmitance!
anthraxus
Mike

Post by anthraxus »

You're approved, and I've changed the signup requirements so that new players no longer need to have my approval to join.

I have two things left to complete before it is completely ready to go, but people can go ahead and start submitting characters. I have some metroplex summaries that I still need to make, and I need to figure out a way to list equipment for those players who are unfamiliar with the system. But even without that, people can start playing.
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Yeah! Thanks. I havn't recived any mail so far. You have put a lot of work in the forum I must say.
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

I have to say that looks pretty decent to me :) I might just have to try it out myself.
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
anthraxus
Mike

Post by anthraxus »

I'm thinking of switching over to Ashley McKay's character sheet. It has a built in equipment list as well as some more detail on skills and stats and such.
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Have you uploaded it somewhere there?
anthraxus
Mike

Post by anthraxus »

Yes, although I need to tweak the prices first. They are currently all book standard and we all know that those prices are somewhat unrealistic.
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

YES! That is a good point by the way, the prices need to be reworked somehow. That should also be consicerd with the new DC edition.
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

Zvezda wrote:YES! That is a good point by the way, the prices need to be reworked somehow. That should also be consicerd with the new DC edition.
Not necessarily. Possibly the Greater Depression has seen large amounts of deflation in the world's economies, as experienced by Japan until quite recently.
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
anthraxus
Mike

Post by anthraxus »

While the Greater Depression could cause deflation that would escalate prices, I can see no logical order of events that would cause a early 90's era cellphone to cost $800. Especially when, given the current economic environment you can get a similar or more advanced phone for free.

There are several items similarly overpriced in the core rules, computers and cameras being some of the most blatant. These are the prices that need to be adjusted. Most of the gun prices seem about right (with the possible exception of the lasers).
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

anthraxus wrote:While the Greater Depression could cause deflation that would escalate prices, I can see no logical order of events that would cause a early 90's era cellphone to cost $800. Especially when, given the current economic environment you can get a similar or more advanced phone for free.
I was proceeding on the basis that prices in the books are on the low side and using deflation as a reason why they're still at early 1990s level. However, electronic goods have reduced in price a lot I agree. Then again in DC world, maybe the far eastern states that were churning out all the cheap electronics aren't doing it anymore. $800 for a mobile is probably still a bit steep though.

Have to admit I've never really paid attention to income and prices in DC, or any other game come to that. I find it causes too much book-keeping and gets in the way of gaming proper.
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

That bookkeeping thing is a good point! I don't like it either. But there are players who just love to buy consumer goods. Especially old cyberpunker. As anthraxus stated earlier, the problem are not the prices but the ballance of the prices. Fule for example could be somewhat more expensive if that depression thing is to be taken serious.
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

Zvezda wrote:That bookkeeping thing is a good point! I don't like it either. But there are players who just love to buy consumer goods. Especially old cyberpunker. As anthraxus stated earlier, the problem are not the prices but the ballance of the prices. Fule for example could be somewhat more expensive if that depression thing is to be taken serious.
All fair points, especially about the fuel. World likely to have passed peak oil by DC's time? Is there anything in the rulebook about alternative fuels? I seem to vaguely recall there was.

As an aside, in Herefordshire where I work, there's a group dedicated to researching whether surplus cider apples could be a practical source of bio-fuel!
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Well they got liquid hydrogen in the dark tek book. There are rules for Alcohol in T2K I am not sure if these rules are used in DC. The good thing about the game is that they niether gave to much background nor a timeline or something.