Protodimension Magazine Issue 2 update

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
Morthrai
Site Admin

Protodimension Magazine Issue 2 update

Post by Morthrai »

Greetings all.

Issue #2 of Protodimension Magazine is currently on schedule. The current list of articles and literature is available here:

http://www.protodimension.com/forums/vi ... p?f=8&t=66

As always, we welcome any horror & conspiracy-related submissions you may have. We are always in need of everything: adventures, art, scenarios, art, backgrounds, art, blurbs, art, stories, art, plot hooks/adventure seeds, and did I say art?

The Issue 3, Winter 2010 submission cut-off date is 1 January 2010. That date would normally be December 1, but the holiday is a wonderful time of the year, isn't it :)

Also, if anyone is willing to work up a cartoon strip (4 times a year, pretty easy, eh?), contact us at the usual email address:

submissions(at)protodimension(dot)com

Note that if we had more submissions, we could publish more often. :-)

Cheers!

Norm Fenlason
Lee Williams
Tad Kelson - Editors
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Could it be that you are looking for art?
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Zvezda wrote:Could it be that you are looking for art?
Well, now that you mention it, we are :D

Seriously, it is always the trickiest part of making a magazine like ours. I recall back working on Demonground we had less decent quality art submitted than anything else. There are plenty of arty types out there, but they don't seem to know about us yet. I now have contacts who can help though 8)
Lee Williams.
AkDragoon

Post by AkDragoon »

Perhaps a small advertisement on DeviantArt would bolster art submissions?
"... And when you look into the Darkness, the Darkness also looks into you..."
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

AkDragoon wrote:Perhaps a small advertisement on DeviantArt would bolster art submissions?
Not a bad idea at all! One of our contributors is putting us in contact with a few artists he knows, so we may end up with more than enough 8)
Lee Williams.
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Would some let's call it 'stock art' be of any use? I mean not pieces by artists they don't make exclusivly for PD?
Angelpunk

Post by Angelpunk »

Might be the wrong thread to ask, but...

I'm a clueless newb. Would I be able to get something out of this zine or is this mostly for people who already know the game inside and out.

I like horror flix, a couple of boys in my group are big fans of Alex Jones? Is that anything like what you're looking for?
The sky is falling, can you taste the clouds?
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Post by ReHerakhte »

I'm going to be a right prat and steal Lee's (Morthrai) thunder and say "Yes" I think you can definately get something from the zine even if it's only an insight into the way we here have come to see/play Dark Conspiracy.

And to add insult to injury, I'm gonna threadjack...
If you're feeling particularly financial, you could also visit Far Future Enterprises and buy a CD-ROM with all the DC material on it including a number of issues of the ezine 'Demonground'. This completely fan-made zine was created initially to support DC and then later issues supported other horror RPGs.
Main page http://www.farfuture.net/cdroms.html
DC 1st ed. list http://www.farfuture.net/Contents%20CDROM%20DC1.pdf
DC 2nd ed. list http://www.farfuture.net/Contents%20CDROM%20DC2.pdf
The DC 2nd ed. CD has the Demonground issues.
The Sin City adventures are a campaign setting as much as a set of scenarios.

Far Future Enterprises is basically a one-man operation run by Mark Miller but because he is one of the original staff members of GDW, he has the rights to reprint the game material.
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

Angelpunk wrote:Might be the wrong thread to ask, but...

I'm a clueless newb. Would I be able to get something out of this zine or is this mostly for people who already know the game inside and out.

I like horror flix, a couple of boys in my group are big fans of Alex Jones?
If you're into horror I think you'll get something out of Protodimension. It's worth mentioning that it's not just for Dark Conspiracy. It's featured material for Call of Cthulhu, Little Fears, and a couple of interesting scenarios for Unknown Armies. I've never played the latter but am intrigued by what little I've seen in the mag.
ReHerakhte wrote:This completely fan-made zine was created initially to support DC and then later issues supported other horror RPGs
And there was a time, not so long ago, when you could download the whole shebang gratis. Maybe there will be again, once the server migration is sorted out.
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

In my oppinion the PD zine is predominatly for GMs. Though some of the articles are also interesting for players. Since you don't have to pay for it the best way to learn if you like it or not is to simply download it.
But to bring the topic back to art...I remember that a lot of art has already been created for DC3 what about these masterpices?
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Zvezda wrote:In my oppinion the PD zine is predominatly for GMs. Though some of the articles are also interesting for players. Since you don't have to pay for it the best way to learn if you like it or not is to simply download it.
But to bring the topic back to art...I remember that a lot of art has already been created for DC3 what about these masterpices?
Addressing both topics: as with anything else in gaming, you can get ideas and inspirations from anywhere, hopefully including our little magazine 8) Horror-conspiracy-weirdness is our main focus after all, and it's free!

As for the DC3 art that was done, you would have to talk to Marcus to find out more about that.
Lee Williams.
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

Morthrai wrote: As for the DC3 art that was done, you would have to talk to Marcus to find out more about that.
You can see some of it here.

Bloke's selling a book of it!
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Linden wrote:
You can see some of it here.

Bloke's selling a book of it!
Oh yes, I forgot about that. Oops :P
Lee Williams.
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Do you think it would be possible to use his art for PD?
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Zvezda wrote:Do you think it would be possible to use his art for PD?
So far as I am aware, Luan is a professional artist and requires payment for his work. I suppose we could ask him anyway though 8)
Lee Williams.