Fire, Fusion, and Steel

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
vadersson

Fire, Fusion, and Steel

Post by vadersson »

Or we could just say gun design. ;)

I managed to get a copy of the old GDW book Fire Fusion and Steel from my friend. This book has all the formulas and tables to translate real world guns into the game. It was how all the guns (maybe not the XM series) were created. I don't know how the license for DC is stated, but I would like to think that these formula can be used with the redeployment of the game. I had a thought that an on-line calculator could be posted after the core rule book comes out so all the Gun Bunnies can work up thier pet favorite weapons (like mine, the H&H .600 Nitro from the T2K small arms guide.)

I am currently working on a desing speadsheet for guns. I will let you know when it is finsihed.

Thanks,
Duncan
Antenna

Post by Antenna »

What version of the FF&S do you got ? the first one or the MK1. As lonmg as it is MK1 you only have to worry about an error or two in it ? if the are the eyeball mark 0 version you really need to consider to get hold of the eratta in challenge....

Also Mk1 version have some errors and have to be looked up clearly so you don't get a 120mm mortar that weight awefully wrong.

Antenna
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
vadersson

Post by vadersson »

Antenna,

Thanks for the info. I did not know there were some errors in FFS. How do I tell which version I have and do you know where I can get some errata? (Hmm, better google it.)

Of course, I mainly care about small arms. Hopefully you don't need 120 mm mortars in DC too often. (If you do, the minions are not being sneaky enough. )

;)

See ya,
Duncan
Antenna

Post by Antenna »

Well, the mark 0 you can tell that there is no "Mark 1" remark on the "page 2" which hold the ISBN info of the book. The Mark 1 tells plainly "FFS yaddayadda, Mark 1". To get the eratta it was delivered later freely with the Mark 0 version and was also (if I'm not wrong) without charge send to you from GDW. So "probably" this eratta is copyrighted but that you freely can send anyone the info to anyone who owns the mark 0 version. But of course I don't know and the Challenge in question can be bought at ebay when aviable.

I guess that anyone that holds the copyright to FFS wouldn't mind to much sending only the eratta information to anyone that needs it. COuse without the FFS the eratta makes no sense at all =)

Antenna
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
vadersson

Post by vadersson »

Antenna,

Thanks again. Turns out my book is a Mark 0 original. I web searched for the errata and found some. Luckily the errata I found does not seem to have any meaningful effect on the small arms designs. The guns and gauss weapon sections have only minor errors and most of them have to do with credits (which is mostly irrelavent to DC.)

Thanks for the heads up.

Duncan
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

I made an Excel spreadsheet using FF&S small arms table, if you're interested. I wasn't aware that there were errors, nor did I know that there was more than one edition. I have noticed some errors using their forumlas, mostly in the area of the cost of the weapon. I checked the stats from the spreadsheet against some of the T2000 Infantry Weapons of the World entries, as well as real-life performance data from various pistols, and it matches or comes close in most areas.
TANSTAAFL
Antenna

Post by Antenna »

@Jeff
You not the only one that made excels for weapon "development" myself has combined the FF&S and GGG to an degree that fits me.

@vadersson
the 120mm mortar is a must in the war against the dark minions... or how was it now again ;) Of course it was one example of the FFS even after the eratta and the updated Mark1 version where there where errors still in the architecture of FF&S.

Antenna
vadersson

Post by vadersson »

If either of you would like to send me your spreadsheets I would like to see them. I ahve been working on developing my own sheet, but why duplicate work. ;)

Thanks,
Duncan
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

For gun data I recommend: http://world.guns.ru/

Ohh and speaking of .600Nitro...did you know that there is a revolver capable of shooting these rounds?
vadersson

Post by vadersson »

Zvezda wrote:Ohh and speaking of .600Nitro...did you know that there is a revolver capable of shooting these rounds?
Cool! Now I can carry a side arm too! ;)

Is that listed at the website you showed me? I never did make my gun tinkerer character (since I rarely play and mostly GM) but I want to have the parts available.

Heheheh.

Thanks,
Duncan
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Zvezda wrote: Ohh and speaking of .600Nitro...did you know that there is a revolver capable of shooting these rounds?
Yes there is, click here to see it, and guess who made stats for it? :wink: I'll post them for you guys to take a look at as soon as I can.
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

POST!! POST!! POST!!! Ohh by the way...they say that the recoil is not much stronger than that of a .44. The price is 13.840 Euro not too bad I guess. Concidering DC's prices for cars the gun would cost something like 7,000.000 Dollar. Ohh the english text is quite a bit different form the german:

"There won’t be any permanent damage inflicted to your wrist."

I think we should probably start some fire arms thread or somthing...
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Zvezda wrote: I think we should probably start some fire arms thread or somthing...
I think you're probably right :twisted:

Oh, and I will post it somewheres as soon as I actually remember to transfer it to a disc and bring it down here (I'm offline at home right now and using the local library's public terminals :cry: )
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Ohh by the way, somtimes you can fool the security by accessing banned pages throug translation pages like http://babelfish.altavista.com/ sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Good work reviving the gun topic!