Bringing Back The DC Sunday Chats

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
Morthrai
Site Admin

Bringing Back The DC Sunday Chats

Post by Morthrai »

Okay folks, it has taken a heck of a lot longer for me to get back on the net than I wanted. However, now that I do have net access at home (at last!) I want to try resurrecting the Sunday chats. If anyone is interested, let me know and I will set a time for next Sunday evening. If there's anybody around today, I'll probably be online for the rest of the day so find me on Live Messenger as Morthrai(at)hotmail(dot)com or AIM as Morthrai08. :D

Any of you who still have my old AIM or ICQ identities can delete them because it's been so long those accounts no longer work! :?
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

I did not even know that this thing exsisted. What do I need to participate?
rrank5377

Post by rrank5377 »

Lee! Good to see you're still around. I was wondering what you've been up to lately.

Zvezda, if Lee runs these as he has in the past, you'll need an AIM (AOL Instant Messenger) account. Then just sign on at the scheduled time, contact Lee and he'll invite you into the chat room.

Does that answer your question?
-Ryan
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

OK I'm going to keep this as short as I can :)

For those who are unaware (and I know there are many), there used to be regular DC related online chats. For convenience we used to have them on Sundays, simply because the majority of participants were either in the USA or (like me) the UK. Originally these were on ICQ but we moved to AIM later on for ease of use. Now that I am finally back online at home (after almost 3 years!) I thought it was time to restart :) If anybody is interested I'll be online next Sunday anyway, or you can message or email me before then if you need to know more.

I hope that answers any questions you may have had Zvezda :)

Also, Ryan, good to see you are still kicking around!
Lee Williams.
Nanostorm

Post by Nanostorm »

I'd like to join in if possible, what time would the chat be on, as I am in Norway, and there would probably be mostly US participants?

Rune
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

When we used to have these chats on a regular weekly basis, the start time was usually 7pm UK time (where I am). This was thought to be a good time as it was Sunday afternoon for those in North America, and evening for us on this side of the Atlantic. I'm still at the planning stage but we will probably stay with that as start time. By my reckoning that would be 8pm (20.00) for Norway. Anyway, you don't have to be there at that exact time, that's just when I'll be around :)

I'll make a proper announcement before the weekend anyway!
Lee Williams.
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Thanks for the quick replies.
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Post by ReHerakhte »

<sigh> and 3 in the AM on Monday for those of us in the Great Southern Land. :(

Two and a half hours after that and I'll be getting out of bed to go to work!
That's what I get for choosing to live at the bottom of the world :lol:

So while I can't be there, I hope everything goes as well as it did with the past chats (and any good stuff for the game that comes from those chats gets posted up somewhere... like here perhaps? :) )
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

This is in fact the only problem with picking a time, somebody somewhere will be unavailable :(

Maybe one day we could have an odd-time chat for those who live further away :D
Lee Williams.
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Post by ReHerakhte »

Hehehe
Yes, unfortunately I'm a victim of the game's success. An international fanbase means that, as you said, someone, somewhere will have to miss out and while my timezone is 8 hours ahead of yours Lee, it's anywhere from 12 to 16 ahead of people in North America.
Trying to find a good time between three continents really takes some work!

It's whether I win...
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Hello everyone.

There will be a Dark Conspiracy and other gaming-related online chat this Sunday starting at 7pm UK time or 2pm EST for Americans. For our friends in other places that is 19.00 GMT, so you can work it out from there. The chat will be hosted by me on AOL Instant Messenger (AIM), so if you don't already have that you will need to download and install it. My user name is Morthrai08.

Hope to see some of you there! :D
Lee Williams.
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Well, I am happy to say that the first of the revitalised Sunday chats was a success :D Apart from myself as the sort-of-host we had two members from the old chats in days of yore, one newcomer from Norway, and a gentleman by the name of Lester W Smith! 8) Yes, the creator of the game himself turned up out of the blue, which was totally unexpected by me but still great :D Lester is a genuine nice guy and it was cool to catch up on what he's up to these days.

Next chat will be on Sunday at 7pm GMT, 2pm EST. See you there!
Lee Williams.
Nanostorm

Post by Nanostorm »

Had a great time at the chat Lee, thanks for hosting.
I'll definitely be showing up this sunday as well!

Rune
ReHerakhte
Darkling

Post by ReHerakhte »

Glad to hear things went well and in fact, I'm a little green with envy. It would have been great to have a chat with the man who created the game and I think it's fantastic that he still keeps up with what's happening so long after GDW closed its doors.
On one of the main Twilight: 2000 forums, such people as Loren Wiseman and Frank Frey would turn up every so often to say hello and see how the things were going. It made us players feel as though we weren't the only ones trying to keep the game alive.
I've found over time that the people who made up GDW are, I believe, a hell of a lot more interested in their games and the people who play them than are the folks from a lot of other gaming companies.
Anyways, enough sentimental dribbling from me!

Cheers,
Kevin

Hmm... having mad impulse to skip some sleep next Sunday night (my time)... wonder if I can get some leave for next Monday...

It's whether I win...
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Hello everyone.

There will be a Dark Conspiracy and other gaming-related online chat this Sunday starting at 7pm UK time or 2pm EST for Americans. For our friends in other places that is 19.00 GMT, so you can work it out from there. The chat will be hosted by me on AOL Instant Messenger (AIM), so if you don't already have that you will need to download and install it. Anyone on a linux machine should be able to find me through Gaim/pidgin. My user name is Morthrai08.

Hope to see some of you there!

Lee Williams.
Lee Williams.