DC4 Update September 5th 2019

A forum for discussing both the new The Dark Times modern conspiracy horror fanzine and the now defunct Protodimension fanzine.
Morthrai
Site Admin

DC4 Update September 5th 2019

Post by Morthrai »

Just received the following email from Clockwork -

"PDFs for Deluxe Backers sent out

Our talks with our cooperation partners have been progressing well - now they are talking to the licensor and the writing team to tackle last open questions. As soon as that is finished and the actual work on the books can finally be resumed we will of course let you know.

Meanwhile there is another step forward: The PDFs of the old Dark Conspiracy material which were included in the "Deluxe" levels (and were available as add-ons) has been sent out by our licensor Marc Miller (to the emails you are using here on this page) to all eligible backers. If you are one of those backers please check your spam folder if you haven't received the link to the files already.

If you haven't received your link despite being a backer in one of the deluxe levels or chosing the old PDFs as add-ons, please contact us via email: crowdfunding[ät]clockwork-publishing.com"
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Re: DC4 Update September 5th 2019

Post by ReHerakhte »

It's worth noting that those PDFs are actually of the original (i.e. 1st Edition) books.
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

ReHerakhte wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:56 am It's worth noting that those PDFs are actually of the original (i.e. 1st Edition) books.
They're the same ones available on the Dark Conspiracy CD? Seems to be the implication with Marc Miller's involvement?
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Post by ReHerakhte »

As far as I know, the 4th edition books have not been completed yet, so I'm assuming that they could not be sending out 4th Ed. PDFs at this point in time.
The crowdfunder had the entire collection of 1st Ed. books in PDF as part of the Ganger Deluxe package but from checking the page, it seems there were only three backers at that level which seems to be more of a show of support rather than a desire to get the 1st Ed. on PDF (because most fans probably have the original books still or the PDFs or both).

The crowdfunder page specifically stated that backers at that particular level would get, "... all old Dark Conspiracy PDFs from GDW." but I have to admit to making the assumption that it's the 1st Ed. material only (not that the 2nd Ed. material is all that different but I assume that it means no inclusion of the Sin City books or Referee's Screen).
Regardless of that, I took the mention of "Dark Conspiracy books from GDW" to mean Marc Miller had given his blessing for all of it.
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...