Computer Meltdown Woes

This forum is for the discussion of any topic you want to discuss - from other RPGS through to events in the world at large.
Morthrai
Site Admin

Computer Meltdown Woes

Post by Morthrai »

My backup drive failed while i was in the middle of restoring some files to my desktop system! There goes almost everything - all my PDFs and ebooks, every single RPG project and backup I have done for the past 18 years, my legally purchased movie and TV downloads, and a load of other files I was saving "just in case". Why did the bloody thing have to stop working in the middle of me restoring stuff to my desktop? Creatively speaking I'm not sure there's any way back from this - I can't afford to repurchase all the paid-for items and I can't even cheer myself up because all my comedy shows were on there. :( :cry:

If anybody has any gaming PDFs or ebooks they might like to donate to my new collection please let me know! I have to restart somewhere.
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Re: Computer Meltdown Woes

Post by ReHerakhte »

That's a major pain in the backside Lee, hope you get it sorted as quick and pain-free as possible. :(

I have some free PDFs floating around somewhere that I can certainly share with you but some of them where (still are) free from whatever gaming aite I found them on so you probably have them already. :?
Give me some time to check my backups to see what I have there, do you have a general list of the things you are chasing, that'll help narrow down the search?
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

I'm just re-downloading the stuff I have previously bought from DriveThru so I have a few things to restart the collection with. I notice that, while no longer on sale, the DCIII scenarios are still available to prior purchasers but there's no sign of the rulebook. That means I no longer have a copy of one of only two official RPG products that I have worked on so far :(

I'll be happy with anything that people are willing to let me have!
Lee Williams.
Phulish
Nome

Post by Phulish »

How could I send you a copy?
It's still in my library at Drivethru.
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Try sending a copy via email? As long as there's no file size limit set by the mail services that should work fine :)
Lee Williams.
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Post by ReHerakhte »

I sometimes find that a decent sized game book has a file size too big to send via email. It's often been easier to upload it to something like Dropbox and then share a link (it's a bit of messing around to set up in the first place but it negates the problem of maximum file size on emails).

It's whether I win...
Phulish
Nome

Post by Phulish »

ReHerakhte wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:32 am I sometimes find that a decent sized game book has a file size too big to send via email. It's often been easier to upload it to something like Dropbox and then share a link (it's a bit of messing around to set up in the first place but it negates the problem of maximum file size on emails).
I will try that tomorrow.
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Okay folks, panic over! 8)

Thanks to a generous friend who works in I.T. I have my data back - the extra stress has done my hypertension no good at all though and I don't feel like doing any work right now. Lunch and coffee might help.
Lee Williams.
Phulish
Nome

Post by Phulish »

That's great news! Use lunch to celebrate!
:D
ReHerakhte
Darkling

Post by ReHerakhte »

Great news Lee :D
Glad things have been resolved but again, if there's anything I might be able to help with, drop me a line.

It's whether I win...