Any idea of deadline for issue 4?

A forum for discussing both the new The Dark Times modern conspiracy horror fanzine and the now defunct Protodimension fanzine.
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Any idea of deadline for issue 4?

Post by ReHerakhte »

I know this is way early but I've recently got back into the right headspace to finish of my article about the state of affairs in Australia in Dark Conspiracy. I had fully intended to do this for issue 3 but we all know how well I went in that regard.
My only real concern is that if I have too much time before the deadline, I'm tempted to make the article longer and the idea of a "short guide to Australia" kinda goes out the window.

This next article deals with what we could assume to be the state of affairs in Australia based upon one single line in the main DC book: "But a few days ago, the Eastern Australian Air Force nuked Melbourne, and refuses to explain why." Because I'm drawing conclusions from that about the political, societal and military situation in the country, it's actually too easy to include more information than is probably necessary!
And yes, it does make a lot or abandoned territory available - just the place for Mad Max scenarios :mrgreen:
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...
Phulish
Nome

Re: Any idea of deadline for issue 4?

Post by Phulish »

How interesting! This allows you to build a new capital completely financed by the Corps!
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Well, I have already started preliminary layout of issue 04 but I am away at ConTinuum next weekend. Looking at last issue's release date, August 8th will be the three months mark, so let's say July 30th as final deadline 8)
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

ReHerakhte wrote: My only real concern is that if I have too much time before the deadline, I'm tempted to make the article longer and the idea of a "short guide to Australia" kinda goes out the window.
Well, don't forget there's a one-off DEMONGROUND 20th anniversary edition and that will need DC content 8)
ReHerakhte wrote: And yes, it does make a lot or abandoned territory available - just the place for Mad Max scenarios :mrgreen:
"A feller - a QUICK feller- might have a weapon under there...I'd have to pin his head to the panel!"
Lee Williams.
Phulish
Nome

Post by Phulish »

Morthrai wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:12 pm
ReHerakhte wrote: My only real concern is that if I have too much time before the deadline, I'm tempted to make the article longer and the idea of a "short guide to Australia" kinda goes out the window.
Well, don't forget there's a one-off DEMONGROUND 20th anniversary edition and that will need DC content 8)
ReHerakhte wrote: And yes, it does make a lot or abandoned territory available - just the place for Mad Max scenarios :mrgreen:
"A feller - a QUICK feller- might have a weapon under there...I'd have to pin his head to the panel!"
The last one seemd to have older Nukids….
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Post by ReHerakhte »

DEMONGROUND 20th anniversary edition.
Huh? I had no idea about that :?
Considering I have all the released issues of Demonground, I haven't checked their website for years so I'm quite far behind the latest news.
But no matter, if I can think of something to contribute then oh yes I'll join in! :D

@Phulish - considering there's two highly relevant pieces of information in that one sentance we can speculate that 1. the federal commonwealth of Australia has divided into smaller nations and 2. those new nations are not democratic constitional monarchies (which is essentially what Australia is at the moment)
What type of government these new Australian nations follow is open to speculation but a republic of some sort is likely. However... the idea of a corporate governed & financed nation is something that I toyed with in a DarkCon campaign decades ago but that was a group of Corps buying islands in the Pacific Ocean and enhancing them (and creating a Corporate Free State where the Corps where the government).

The idea of a Corp (or several) fully taking over the government & finances of a country (or part of it) appeals to me a lot. It reminds me of the mercantile republics like those of the Hanseatic League in Europe during the later medieval period. Given that one other DarkCon source implies that life in eastern Australia is relatively "normal", I'd infer that a strong government is in place and while I had intended to have a very strong corporate influence (particularly for the western part of Australia), I hadn't considered using it for the government of eastern Australia.
So, I think I'm going to have "the Corporate Republic of Eastern Australia" and if I don't give you credit in the article for the inspiration,then send me a flame or ten!

It's whether I win...
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

ReHerakhte wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:30 am DEMONGROUND 20th anniversary edition.
Well, I put forward the idea of a special issue a while ago when Clockwork announced their intention of a new Dark Conspiracy edition. Marcus, Mike and Geoff were all cool with the idea and someone said October will mark 20 years of Demonground so why not make it an anniversary special? As far as I am aware it's not been started yet but is still a go :twisted:

More information when there is some!
Lee Williams.
Marcus Bone
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Bone »

Morthrai wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:55 am
ReHerakhte wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:30 am DEMONGROUND 20th anniversary edition.
Well, I put forward the idea of a special issue a while ago when Clockwork announced their intention of a new Dark Conspiracy edition. Marcus, Mike and Geoff were all cool with the idea and someone said October will mark 20 years of Demonground so why not make it an anniversary special? As far as I am aware it's not been started yet but is still a go :twisted:

More information when there is some!
F*ck I'm old...

Marcus
Owner of http://www.darkconspiracytherpg.info and other great RPG websites -
- Stormbringer! - Supporting the Eternal Champion RPGs at http://www.stormbringerrpg.com
- Unbound Publishing - Bringing back the fear - http://www.unboundbook.org
ReHerakhte
Darkling

Post by ReHerakhte »

You ain't the only one :cry:
I'm old enough to have watched Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong walk on the Moon the first time it was shown on television - but young enough to have forgotten that I'd seen it!

Besides, I plan to live to 120 so that my middle-age doesn't start until I turn 60 :lol:

It's whether I win...
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Marcus Bone wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:49 am F*ck I'm old...
Marcus
Oh mate, if you're old then I must be about due for being discovered by archaeologists :shock:
Lee Williams.