New Career Paths

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
Mister E

New Career Paths

Post by Mister E »

SO, are there any new careers in this version of DC? And, if so, could you give us any sort of hints as to what they might be like?

-E
Stare not too long in to the abyss...
Marcus Bone
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Bone »

Sorry to disappoint, but there really isn't anything new career wise in 3rd edition . In fact, the only major changes now occurs with the Military careers and the way in which you choose your branch and specialization.

That said, there is a lot of scope for new careers and we hope to present some extra ones as free support material via our website.

I'll also add that we will also be looking at providing the entire careers chapter separately as either a free downloadable PDF or as a minor printed product. This should help relieve the hassle of half-a-dozen players all trying to generate Minion Hunters with one book!

Marcus
Owner of http://www.darkconspiracytherpg.info and other great RPG websites -
- Stormbringer! - Supporting the Eternal Champion RPGs at http://www.stormbringerrpg.com
- Unbound Publishing - Bringing back the fear - http://www.unboundbook.org
Mister E

Post by Mister E »

No skin off my nose, I was just wondering. I love the idea for the career chapter being an extra from the site. I have a whole group ready to play DC when your edition drops and only one of them has any experience with the system, so that'd be a huge help.

-E
Stare not too long in to the abyss...
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

I found the various additional careers collected in R.A.G.G.'s player guide quite useful. Worth a look if you want some more character generation options.

Nice job R.A.G.G. :wink:
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Could you post the direct link?
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

Zvezda wrote:Could you post the direct link?
Here you go:

http://sites.onlinemac.com/rollem_again/dcpage.htm

It's near the bottom of the page so you'll need to scroll on down.
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

\m/ you rock even harder than Lemmy Kilmister!!
The same goes for R.A.G.G. the whole page is very cool. Shame that I never have spend much time there.
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

Zvezda wrote:\m/ you rock even harder than Lemmy Kilmister!!
The same goes for R.A.G.G. the whole page is very cool. Shame that I never have spend much time there.
Having seen Mr Kilminster and his beat combo perform live on a number of occaisions I must concede I'm nowhere near their level when it comes to rocking hard, but I try, I try.
:wink:
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Who am I to object to you? If you say so it is certainly right.
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

I saw on a documentary that Lemmy likes to relax on the tour bus by reading P G Wodehouse into the wee small hours. Rock 'n' Roll or what? :wink:
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Indeed? I am surprised. I must say I never read anything by him but since Adams seems to be a big fan it can't be bad.
eyalfein

Post by eyalfein »

How about a "Cleaner" career?
A guy who cleans the mess after whatever secret/illegal action that occurred.
Like Robert De Niro's character from Pulp Fiction, but more DC.
Including battle zones with minions (for the corporate minion/zombie/mutant control forces) where there's a need to make the scene look like an ordinary gang raid.
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

eyalfein wrote:How about a "Cleaner" career?
A guy who cleans the mess after whatever secret/illegal action that occurred.
Like Robert De Niro's character from Pulp Fiction, but more DC.
Wasn't that Harvey Keitel? :) He also played a character called Victor The Cleaner in the Hollywood version of the movie La Femme Nikita (aka The Assassin or Point Of No Return). But yes, that's a neat idea Eyal. We could do something after all every corp must have someone like that!
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

If it is really about silencing witnesses, removing evidence and such the career shoud be somwhat CHR and INT heavy. Have you already made something up Eyal? Speaking of Careers...I still got no reply from the question forum, so I repeat myself. Will it be possible to play non-US citizens in DC3 without inventing some house rules first?
eyalfein

Post by eyalfein »

Wrong as usual :oops:
But Robert De Niro is pretty good for this kind of character too :roll:
Nothing ready, just lots of ideas.