La Nouvelle-Orléans

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
Zvezda
Darkling

La Nouvelle-Orléans

Post by Zvezda »

Since lots of you own the source book I would like to know wether it is worth buying it or not. I have hearded it is more of an adventure than a city sourcebook is that true? If so is the adventure fun? Anyways...Merci bien...
R.A.G.G.

Re: La Nouvelle-Orléans

Post by R.A.G.G. »

If you are refering to the New Orlean "source" book, it is an extended adventure with some useful setting information. It contains multiple plots taking the group through many mini-adventures. Most of the setting information deals with the changes in the weather, culture, and etc. There is no "detailed" setting information such as you would find in a true sourcebook.

If you wish to have more detail, you can always research New Orleans - interesting place.
Kevin GM/DM
Roll'em Again Gaming Group
Oregon Chapter
"In a world of games ... WE are the Gamers"
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Yep! THAT book. Hmm does not sound too good but not too bad either. Are the adventures linked?
Marcus Bone
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Bone »

With this in mind, I hope to have PDF versions of the various DC adventures up for sale on RPGNow and DrivethruRPG some point over Christmas...

Marcus
Owner of http://www.darkconspiracytherpg.info and other great RPG websites -
- Stormbringer! - Supporting the Eternal Champion RPGs at http://www.stormbringerrpg.com
- Unbound Publishing - Bringing back the fear - http://www.unboundbook.org
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Is New Orleans amongst them? In that case I would rather wait to buy it and instead buy it from you.
R.A.G.G.

Post by R.A.G.G. »

Zvezda wrote:Yep! THAT book. Hmm does not sound too good but not too bad either. Are the adventures linked?
Yes, the adventures are linked and lead the group through the intermingled plots to a "killer" encounter (if I remember correctly, the creature at the end has a hit capacity of 500 points).

Personally, of all the published adventures, I like "New Orleans" the best; however, "Among the Dead" runs a VERY close second.
Kevin GM/DM
Roll'em Again Gaming Group
Oregon Chapter
"In a world of games ... WE are the Gamers"
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Ah yes, Among The Dead. One of my favourites, though I keep missing the chance to get co-author Mark Galeotti to sign my copy when he turns up at UK gaming conventions! :oops:
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

@ Master Lee: Actually I could not care less...as long as YOU sign MY copy of DC3!!!! Draw a gun (what a pun!) or something!

@ Ragg: If you say it is the best I might buy the hard copy. I can't wait to see it. I am right now re-running hellsgate and so far the worst injured player is 'scrached' I might be doing something wrong.

@All: I loved amongst the dead. It was really creepy. IF New Orleans really is better I am very pleased. If not I am only pleased but that is good as well. Hell I feel like posting strange stuff tonight.
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Does somebody know whether the New Orleans book is now available as pdf?
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Zvezda, I don't believe that any of the older DC material is available - yet :D

Some of it will be re-issued as pdfs when we finally get the new core rulebook out though!
Lee Williams.
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

I see, I see so I might have to buy it from an other source if it is not conciderd high treason.
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Does it have to be in pdf format? I ask only because there might be copies of the original book available from a store or online dealer. I think that would be better! :)

I guess that you just can't wait for it to be re-issued, if it is on the list that is! 8)

Edit: Titan Games in the USA have two copies, one for $10 and another for only $3. http://www.titangames.com/
Lee Williams.
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

thanks a lot. I have had a very good offer for the book but than I realised that you are going to republish it or sell it on drivethrough so I rather want the money to stay 'in the family' but for 3 bucks I can hardly say NO. thnaks again.