Official Announcement, October 15th

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
Morthrai
Site Admin

Official Announcement, October 15th

Post by Morthrai »

Official Announcement from Clockwork Publishing on the future of Dark Conspiracy 😎

"Slow but positive progress.
We’re pleased to say that a deal between the owner of the Dark Conspiracy license and a new publisher has been agreed. Whilst the paperwork is being concluded we are unable to say more at present, but the contracts should be signed this month (October) and we’re hoping to be able to make an announcement at Spiel in Essen (24th-27th October) and online next week.
The new publisher can’t wait to take over the project and go over the current status of the project and discuss the timeline going forward with the original team. The new publisher will be taking over all project commitments that were promised in the GameOn campaign so everyone will be getting what they pledged for. Obviously the project has been on hold for a few months due to circumstances, and this loss of time will have to be take into consideration, but the good news is “It Lives!”
We look forward to bringing you more news as soon as the contract has been signed in a few weeks."
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
Morthrai
Site Admin

Re: Official Announcement, October 15th

Post by Morthrai »

December 15th 2019 update from Patric Goetz of Uhrwerk Verlag
(Translated by Peter Kreft with slight edits by me for English readability)

"Things have been going on behind the scenes for the past few months. The license will be given to another British roleplaying publisher, which will also take over the crowdfunding completely. Unfortunately I was asked not to pass on any internals, but to leave it to the new creators and the licenser. There will be, as far as I know, a major update in January and the new publisher will communicate with existing authors and artists because of the transfer of texts and pictures.

Overall, the very slow progress of DC has been quite frustrating over the last weeks and months, but unfortunately my hands are tied when it comes to info on the subject and it's only fair that the new publisher decides what information to release and when.

Despite the long delay the project will be continued, which is certainly the most important thing!"
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"