A Podcast - I must be mad

This forum is for the discussion of any topic you want to discuss - from other RPGS through to events in the world at large.
Morthrai
Site Admin

A Podcast - I must be mad

Post by Morthrai »

So I finally started putting together a podcast! Yes, the one I've been banging on about for years.

Official announcement and future episodes will be available from here, with other platforms to follow.

Cheers!
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Re: A Podcast - I must be mad

Post by ReHerakhte »

Good on ya' Lee :D Well done!
It seems to me to be a daunting prospect, putting together a podcast and quite an undertaking when you consider the equipment needed, having to plan the episodes etc. etc. so I greatly respect the efforts people make to produce podcasts.
And I have to say, the name you've decided on was magnificent! A great DC choice if ever there was one :shock:
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Post by ReHerakhte »

Just had a listen to what you've cast so far and I was thinking, maybe your first official episode could explain what lead you up to deciding to do a podcast e.g. your particular interests in the topics for the podcast, the steps taken to getting a podcast organised, the reason for the name. Maybe even the equipment you use, why you chose Anchor, the costs associated with getting set up?

It's whether I win...
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

ReHerakhte wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:39 am Just had a listen to what you've cast so far and I was thinking, maybe your first official episode could explain what lead you up to deciding to do a podcast e.g. your particular interests in the topics for the podcast, the steps taken to getting a podcast organised, the reason for the name. Maybe even the equipment you use, why you chose Anchor, the costs associated with getting set up?
Might be worth it, though I'm not taking the professional approach! A mic that cost a tenner plugged directly into my PC and recording in OBS Studio which is free software, then editing in Audacity which is also free. The Anchor network is also free to use and is already full of RPG related folks so it kinda made sense :)
Lee Williams.
ReHerakhte
Darkling

Post by ReHerakhte »

But ya'know, I think that that is exactly the kind of info newbies can benefit from.
I wouldn't have the faintest about setting up a podcast but what you've just said strikes me as being more helpful than a number of websites I checked (which generally seemed helpful but if you really want the best help, why not buy our book, subscribe to our service, give us money/soul of your firstborn/blood of 13 chickens/etc. etc. etc.) :D

It's whether I win...
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Literally everyone who has given me advice has said the same thing - the hard part is to start talking! Having met in person you know I'm naturally a little quiet, but even I've managed it now 8)

Seriously, if you have a mic and something to record into just crack on with it - I would be happy to include a guest segment :D
Lee Williams.
ReHerakhte
Darkling

Post by ReHerakhte »

I don't have any plans to start my own podcast but being the type of person who's motivated by curiosity, I wanted to check out how it's done.
I think the guest segment idea is a good one particularly as you have some contacts in the gaming industry and convention circles.

It's whether I win...