Dark Conspiracy Movie Database Rides Again, sort of

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
Linden
Darkling

Re: Dark Conspiracy Movie Database Rides Again, sort of

Post by Linden »

Don't know if you chaps have seen this but someone has posted up a deleted scene from Split Second (available on the Japanese DVD hence the sub-titles) on YouTube::

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpWSoV6GNrs

Stone and Durkin go to visit the latter's girlfriend, who is played by a really bad actress. Not surprising the scene was cut from most versions of the film but it is interesting to us DC types in that it shows the sort of place a UK Gnome might live.
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Post by ReHerakhte »

Linden wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:49 am Don't know if you chaps have seen this but someone has posted up a deleted scene from Split Second (available on the Japanese DVD hence the sub-titles) on YouTube::

Stone and Durkin go to visit the latter's girlfriend, who is played by a really bad actress. Not surprising the scene was cut from most versions of the film but it is interesting to us DC types in that it shows the sort of place a UK Gnome might live.
I had no idea this existed and yes indeed, very interesting for us DC types!
Nice find Linden 👍

And yes, she was bad :lol:
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Linden wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:49 am Don't know if you chaps have seen this but someone has posted up a deleted scene from Split Second (available on the Japanese DVD hence the sub-titles) on YouTube::

Oddly enough I only found out about this myself a couple of days ago, and was going to post it but must have forgotten :?
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

ReHerakhte wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:37 am I had no idea this existed and yes indeed, very interesting for us DC types!
Nice find Linden 👍

And yes, she was bad :lol:
The look of the scene is ok but the rest of it just falls through the floor. Aside from the poor acting by Roberta Eaton as Durkin's girlfiend, it just doesn't seem to belong in the film at all. Even Rutger Hauer and Neil Duncan look out of place and slightly ill at ease. Definitely the right choice cutting it. I gather there is another random sewer murder included in the Japanese version which would be interesting to see, but I suspect it doesn't add much to the film.
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."