Memorable Gaming Quotes

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
Antenna

Memorable Gaming Quotes

Post by Antenna »

The crowd dressed up with armored coats battles our enemy at some firefights. The word "coat defs" is used by GM instead of pointing out the various parts of the body that has been hit but armor is protecting. Well, this lady of our group is hit in the face finally at two different points adn the second time she complains over this dilemma. One player start to sending notes to the others and the laughter is followed. Finally the GM get his hands on the notes and a broad smile in my face is shown. The young lady is the only one that haven't read the notes. A popular vote is made if the lady is gonna hear what is written in the notes and she is to know that she has said.... "Why does I allways have to take it in the face." Well, for those who don't know what this can be about I tell you one thing .... You are to young still :)

Antenna
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

I guess my all time favorite is: "What does C:3 B:15 mean?" After throwing the grenade on a target 10 m away.
Fiannaidhe

Post by Fiannaidhe »

LOL !! funny note incident. :lol:

Well I know B= Blast damage, and C = concussion damage, but i never was too good at figuring out the mathmatical task involving a square root. :oops: Am i alone here? :)
Bob
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

On the few occasions I needed it (twice in 15 years!) I used a calculator. To my knowledeg B: was the blast radius...
Antenna

Post by Antenna »

Square root is not a problem in DC as long you need to know the math behind explosives. You can even manage the math without calculator or any aid at all. The only thing you need to know how to calculate an aproximation and in the case of DC it aint so much to fuzz about even. The trick is the understanding.

Antenna
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Hey! That's the trick behind everything. As soon as you understand how it works...well you kown how it works :shock: Did you need the rule very often?
Antenna

Post by Antenna »

More often for T2k, but then the DC mechs is the same.

Antenna
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Yep, almost. But the T2K 2.2 are the best in my oppinion. But speaking of Explosions...has anybody seen Master Lee in the recent weeks?
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Zvezda wrote:But speaking of Explosions...has anybody seen Master Lee in the recent weeks?
Huh? Explosions? Me? :D

I've been busy working on rewriting some things, but the rules for combat and explosions and such things are not part of my agenda, sorry :? I am working on other things than the actual rules.
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

When something goes kaboom, you are the prime suspect! I was just wondering why there have been no posts from you! Which year are you planig to release DC3? :shock: (Or is that a business secret?) 8)
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

I'm not in charge of the whole thing, I just work for them 8)

Anyway it will be as soon as we can manage.
Lee Williams.
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

You work for them? :twisted:
R.A.G.G.

Post by R.A.G.G. »

In-character quote:

After a long and difficult time being forcibly tossed about through several proto-dimensions by a very unstable and random portal device (in this case an ancient “magic” mirror – sorry, I HAD to) my wife’s character threw the device off of the building from several floors up when it started to reactivate just as the group had finally returned home. The device shattered on impact with the flagstones at the base of the building, in the center of a group of innocent bystanders. The bystanders within “range” of the mirror’s pull were sucked in to several random proto-dimension – never to return.

My wife’s character was the only one to watch the device fall, shatter, and the poor victims disappear. With a deadpan expression all she said was, “Oops”.
Kevin GM/DM
Roll'em Again Gaming Group
Oregon Chapter
"In a world of games ... WE are the Gamers"
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Zvezda wrote:You work for them? :twisted:
I couldn't possibly comment 8)
Lee Williams.