Now here is a neat gaming enhancement

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
Pennanngalan
Prole

Now here is a neat gaming enhancement

Post by Pennanngalan »

The following link will take you to the DrivethruRPG site. This is "The Sound of Fear" mp3 audio file. Here is what the DTRPG site has to say about the free file...

"One hour mp3 of a 19hz sin wave also known as "infrasound" and has ties to "ghosts" and other supernatural events. Play at a barely audible volume during a horror game and induce dread into your players.

The MP3 may appear "blank" but it isn't the sound is supposed to be below human hearing and right at about the range of a low tiger roar. If played very loud you should hear it "thud" rappidly. Adjust the volume to just right under where you can hear it for maximum effect.

Infrasound has been known to cause feelings of awe or fear in humans. Since it is not consciously perceived, it can make people feel vaguely that supernatural events are taking place. ~Wikipedia"

Sounds like a neat way to "set the mood" (preferebly with player's knowledge, wouldn't want them freaking-out :twisted: )

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/9 ... nd-of-Fear
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Re: Now here is a neat gaming enhancement

Post by ReHerakhte »

Interesting idea, thanks for the link :D
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Great find there! I love to occasionally weird people out as a GM and also sometimes to be weirded out as a player so this is looking good :twisted:
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
Pennanngalan
Prole

Post by Pennanngalan »

OK... I downloaded this and tried it out. My dogs didn't react so :mrgreen: safe to try in actual play :twisted:
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Post by ReHerakhte »

Pennanngalan wrote:OK... I downloaded this and tried it out. My dogs didn't react so :mrgreen: safe to try in actual play :twisted:
When I read this I laughed hard enough to almost spill my morning coffee!
Let us know how it works in play, I'm interested to hear about the Player's reactions to it.

It's whether I win...
Pennanngalan
Prole

Post by Pennanngalan »

I hate to say it but, it might be awhile before I get to try it out. This Sunday (26th) will be my first opportunity to play in almost 7 years (this adulthood/responsibilities thing kinda sux! :evil: )

After awhile of playing I'll try to run a quick DC adventure for the group and see where it leads. Hopefully, somebody else will try it out before then and let us both know how it went.
Nivicus

Post by Nivicus »

I'll try it out next game play and let you all know. I am running my next session this coming wednesday. I have already been using various sound tracks (Batman Begins, Pirates of the Carabean, Tron) and several other instrumental/gothic tracks. It will be interesting to have some new ambiance to freak out my players. Thanks!

Jon
Pennanngalan
Prole

Post by Pennanngalan »

I hate to say it, but this doesn't seem to be effective :(
ReHerakhte
Darkling

Post by ReHerakhte »

That's actually a big disappointment :(

It's whether I win...
Pennanngalan
Prole

Post by Pennanngalan »

Yeah, I had high hopes for this. Was a bit of a let-down.
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

It is such a cool idea, shame it didn't work out. I guess we will just have to go back to the old-fashioned way and think up some really scary stuff to scare the cr*p out of the players :twisted:
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"