Someone's memories of Dark Conspiracy

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Someone's memories of Dark Conspiracy

Post by ReHerakhte »

While searching the net for gaming magazines that may have DC articles in them, I got a link to this blog entry (dated March 19th, 2012).
The author gives a rundown on some of the books and is generally just trying to make newcomers aware of the game.
http://crescentstar.blogspot.com.au/201 ... -game.html
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...
Linden
Darkling

Re: Someone's memories of Dark Conspiracy

Post by Linden »

"Dark Conspiracy was very two fisted 80's violence."

That bit made me laugh, although if you're reduced to fighting the monsters with your bare hands I'd suggest you're in deep trouble. I know, I know , he was being metaphorical.

Always good to read other people's recollection of the game. I think maybe I'd disagree with him about needing the supplements for writing your own adventures. They're useful but not essential. That was always the good thing about Dark Conspiracy, the whole game was in the corebook. The add ons were nice but you didn't need them. In some cases e.g. the empathic source book you were maybe better off without.
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Post by ReHerakhte »

Yeah I pretty much agree with you Linden.
The core book had enough of everything that you didn't need the other books, I was certainly making my own adventures well before I got most of the others.
I would have liked to see something more done with the space travel side of things but it was not to be - Cyberpunk 2020 came in handy for that with its Deep Space book.
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

ReHerakhte wrote:
I would have liked to see something more done with the space travel side of things but it was not to be - Cyberpunk 2020 came in handy for that with its Deep Space book.

A space supplement would have been nice, perhaps detailing some of the minion related hazards that might be encountered "out there" - stay away from Io :wink:. I found a lot of Cyberpunk material readily adaptable for Dark Conspiracy. Used a fair few of Challenge's CP2020 adventures in my campaign. Wasn't difficult to put a DC-horror twist on most of them. If I was starting another campaign I'd be tempted to use the Cyberpunk guide to the UK as background.
Last edited by Linden on Sat May 19, 2012 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

ReHerakhte wrote:
I would have liked to see something more done with the space travel side of things but it was not to be.

Well now, funny you should mention that...all I am at liberty to say is that there will be more space material in our edition, for reasons that will become apparent when you get to see the books :twisted:
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"