Rented a webcam lately?

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Rented a webcam lately?

Post by ReHerakhte »

"Just when you thought things couldn't get any creepier, a lawsuit brings to light that "rent-to-own" stores are using laptop and desktop webcams to spy on their customers."

That's right, apparently a computer rental store in the US has software on its rental computers that allows the store to record images taken with the webcam while the computer is in your home.

Rest of the story here http://techtalk.pcpitstop.com/2011/05/2 ... your-home/?
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...
Linden
Darkling

Re: Rented a webcam lately?

Post by Linden »

jayabaluan wrote:wat shld v do for this???????????
Learning to express yourself in proper written English might help.

Anyone else reckon this is a spambot?
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Apparently from India, that one. Looks like China and Ukrainian bots gave up on us :)
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

Jayabaluan is plainly a corruption of Jahbulon. I think there is a conspiracy afoot and we are being targeted by the remedial faction of The Brotherhood - the masonic illiterati if you like.
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Post by ReHerakhte »

Ah damn it! Looks like I should have mentioned the spying webcams only via secret code. Now the conspiracy is on to us!

It's whether I win...
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

No worries chaps. I have been in touch with Dan Brown's agent and sold him the rights to the story. The master scribe is even now hard at work on his next sure-fire best seller, to be entitled "The Divvy Code".
ReHerakhte
Darkling

Post by ReHerakhte »

Well if anyone in the world could write the truth about the Illegitimati... err, Illiterati, it would have to be one of them and I'm absolutely certain that Dan Brown is as illiterati as the best of them!

It's whether I win...
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

ReHerakhte wrote:I'm absolutely certain that Dan Brown is as illiterati as the best of them!

Yep, he's the man for the job, no doubt about it.