I am Still Terribly Unorganized

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
manodogs

I am Still Terribly Unorganized

Post by manodogs »

Hi guys,

Sorry I haven't been around in a while. I'm glad to see everyone has carried-on without me -- I'm sure it must have been hard. :lol:

Anyway, I'm not sure who handles ProtoDimension or Demonground now or then, nor to which/whom I sent the query/article, but I either wrote or queried about the Sport Skill, which I worked-up a few years back. I've since lost that computer and the hard drive. I slaved it to another one and saved some of that stuff, then that PC was struck by lightning!

I know there were some bits posted to the Yahoo! Group and I have the notes around here somewhere, but I've moved twice since then (once to a trailer while the house got readied, then to the house) and in the interest of saving me some time, if whomever that was is around and still has that article/query, could you please contact me? I don't think it was ever published and I'm going to publish it on the site.

I'm ecstatic to hear about the new edition, and will be promoting the new adventures bundle on the site. I'm also changing the forums link. I'll still include a link to the Yahoo! Group, but only on the Rules page. Of course, I'll directly link to any pertinent messages/threads in the text, but this is a nicer forum. I don't run forums on the site -- it would be counter-productive to compete with this one anyway -- and since everyone from Yahoo! is here, I just point people here.

As always, I love the game, but I have to make a living and the site doesn't quite cut it (at least not yet, he wrote hopefully), so I can only update and post new material when the time presents itself. I apologize that it's such a mess, but I'm doing a major sweep this weekend.

It will still be a bit for the Randomizers (I know someone here asked for them years ago and I am truly so sorry!!!) and the rest of Metrodome. Like I said, I moved twice since then and lost several computers to lightning, which is incredibly bad here (on a ridge, surrounded by trees). That stuff's all written, it just takes time to format and all. (I've done it at least 2-5 times and lost all of it every time...)

Anyway, if anyone has that Sport Skill stuff, I'd really appreciate it. You're still welcome to publish it, but I don't see it anywhere and it goes with the Pro-Wrestling/Unarmed Melee and Rollerderby material, which is key to the Metrodome setting. If anyone designing the third-edition has any notes -- well, if anyone has any notes, for that matter -- I'm all ears, but I want to publish all of that stuff because it's cool and fun.

Thanks again and best of luck with everything! You know you have a supporter here in the States who is keeping-up as best he can.
- [url=http://www.theweirding.net/RPG/DC/]ManoDogs[/url]
Morthrai
Site Admin

Re: I am Still Terribly Unorganized

Post by Morthrai »

Some bad luck there with computers! :(

I am one of the Protodimension team, but a quick look through our archives turned nothing up about the Sports skill. Hopefully someone else still has it around but I don't, so my apologies for that. I don't recall seeing it back in Demonground days either.

Good luck in future :D
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
manodogs

Re: I am Still Terribly Unorganized

Post by manodogs »

Just my luck. Honestly, I could have written the e-mail and never even sent it -- I spent over an hour proofing that post yesterday -- but I thought I did. Shoot, that was years ago and this was just a shot in the dark. I know I meant to -- it's even listed on the page on the site, which I wrote back in 2007-08 or so -- but I have no idea.

While I've got you though, the first link in your signature is dead. Is Demonground still a thing? Did everything from there get ported over to Proto-Dimension (including the staff)? Should I even include a link to Demonground or only to Proto-Dimension? Are there any other sites I need to know about, whether or not they're ready to go live yet (for DC 3.0 in particular)?

Anything else anyone wants or would prefer? You can see a version of the Master Links list on the Dark Conspiracy Index but, like I said, that's going to change. I think I'm only going to list the ID Forgery and Yahoo! Group links on the Rules page (I may also do that with the Careers and Skills pages) but other than that, those are the links that will be on every DC page in the department.

Again, I'm open to any/all suggestions! I'm promoting Dark Conspiracy as much as offering a free campaign setting, here -- after all, the more players, the more visitors I attract, and the better chance I have of ever assembling a troupe to play Metrodome with me again. As I said years ago, this isn't just about me or my site or getting to play in my campaign again someday; I want this to help everyone who enjoys the game, as well as the game itself. So I'm open to whatever.

And thanks so much for the reply!
- [url=http://www.theweirding.net/RPG/DC/]ManoDogs[/url]