Challenge magazine available as PDF

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Challenge magazine available as PDF

Post by ReHerakhte »

Far Future Enterprises has been busy by the looks of things, Challenge magazine is now available as a PDF download from DriveThruRPG.
It appears that the normal price is US$3.25 but for the moment they are priced at US$2.00 and they have every issue from number 25 (when it changed from the Journal of the Traveller Aid Society to Challenge) up to number 77 (of which it seems, very few issues made it outside of North America).

Challenge mag PDFs
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...
Phulish
Nome

Re: Challenge magazine available as PDF

Post by Phulish »

Great! Mine are lost, and the T2K rules for buildings came in handy for abandoned buildings.
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

ReHerakhte wrote: It appears that the normal price is US$3.25 but for the moment they are priced at US$2.00 and they have every issue from number 25 (when it changed from the Journal of the Traveller Aid Society to Challenge) up to number 77 (of which it seems, very few issues made it outside of North America).
I remember I got 77 without any problems from a games shop in Birmingham. It seemed to be business as usual for GDW (they even had the last page preview for no 78) and it was a real bolt from the blue when they went under.

The downloads are also available at RPGNow although for some reason their payment facility isn't working, not for me anyway (just tried to buy the Black Seal bundle). Very strange.
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

where is no. 73?
Руки Вверх!
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Zvezda wrote:where is no. 73?
Hmm, I can see it and have added it to my wishlist no problem. All I can suggest is try again?
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Strange. On my page 72 is followed by 74 But what is way more important:

CHALLENGE Magazine No. 49. is available for FREE! gogogo!!! For a limeted time it seems so speed up.
Руки Вверх!
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Post by ReHerakhte »

I might be a little late on this one but I see now that Far Future Enterprises has their CD-ROM of Challenge Magazine available now.
It seems the Challenge Magazines include everything up to Issue 77 plus it mentions Issue 78 aswell. They're all packed onto a DVD and the price is US$45.

I must admit, I want Issue 78 because there was supposed to be a Twilight: 2000 scenario set in Australia. Anyway, here's the link again for any interested parties... http://www.farfuture.net/cdroms.html
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

ReHerakhte wrote:I must admit, I want Issue 78 because there was supposed to be a Twilight: 2000 scenario set in Australia.

As you know, there's a Challenge magazine revival coming soon :D However, they are starting at issue 78, but it's not the 78 that was supposed to be coming out...it is all new material though and we have been offered some ad space in there :twisted:

Try as I might I have been unable to track down any of the DC material that was going to be in the 'old' 78, though I have made new friends on that journey (Hi Dave!)
Lee Williams.
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

I guess it will be availabel through the usuale chanels like drivethrou? Because obtaining non-electronic copies of it would be almost impossible for me I am affraid.
Руки Вверх!
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Zvezda wrote:I guess it will be availabel through the usuale chanels like drivethrou? Because obtaining non-electronic copies of it would be almost impossible for me I am affraid.

As far as I am aware it will be a PDF. There is still a delay though, as the main guy has some health issues going on :(
Lee Williams.