Should it stay or should it go?

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror

G-11: Yes or No?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:10 pm

Yes, I love caseless ammo!
75%
No, it's rubbish.
25%

Total votes: 8

Morthrai
Site Admin

Should it stay or should it go?

Post by Morthrai »

In other words...

would you prefer it if we kept the Heckler & Koch G-11 in the new core rulebook? Bearing in mind that we can always put it in a future sourcebook or supplement anyway, of course 8)
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
Braxen

Post by Braxen »

I would like to see it for my players and bad guys to get hold of down the road. For my games I am very tight fisted about what weapons the players can have access to in the early going. As they move along after a few missions then new and better 'toys' become available.....its a slow process but one they seem to like.
"Hey guys did you hear that scraping sound? guys? GUYS?!"

Braxen
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

You know as good as I do that there CAN NEVER BE TOO MANY GUNS in a book. In other words, I just thought the G-11 would be a bit odd. It was considered some kind of wonderrifle in the early 90s when most novelists had no idea the gun had to be withdrawn from several tests for safety reasons. Even though I personally don’t see any reason why someone should buy this weapon. You can not attach other optics, it is very expensive, it is so scarce that you are easy to track down if you use it…ohh and most important it is less deadly than the standard 5.56 mm rifle.
I don’t see a reason however why not keeping it. I suggest some changes however. It should not be the standard rifle of the German Army, it should be even more expensive and even less available (-/-) Only 1.000 or so have been produced.
Than again…if it steals the place of a real weapon, or if only the most common guns are in the core book it should go.

I would prefer that the MP-7 (DC) is kicked out and replaced with the MP-7 (HK). Or not replaced at all if that would be to difficult but I think the MP-7 must go.
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Zvezda, I have in fact dropped the MP-7 as detailed in the original DC rules and replaced it with the HK MP-5/10 which is the real-world version, a 10mm calibre SMG based on the MP-5 series :) As for the G-11, it's just weird enough that it might attract a following in the Dark Conspiracy world...
Lee Williams.
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

You are such a hero! Save me a signed (or a singed) copy once the book is out! Can you already tell something about the amount of 'fantasy' weapons in DC3? Like the Stormgun and...well you know...
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Actually I'm not sure I ought to reveal any more yet :?

I promise there will be a decent selection of weapons in there, old and new as well as real-life and 'invented' 8)
Lee Williams.
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Actually: DON'T! I think it is like twice the fun not knowing to much in advance. Like in wrapped gifts... :D