Weapon choices for Dark Conspiracy

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
Antenna

Weapon choices for Dark Conspiracy

Post by Antenna »

Been playing DC for at least 6 years now on and off I've seen weapons and chooises of weapons come and go. But if you would choose a weapon today to be a player in my group what weapons would you choose. Please include a longarm and a sidearm in your choise. If you have some exoctic weapons of chooise remeber you don't start with it as a green player, exepct for melee weapons ;)

Let me start :
Sidearm : Para-Ordnance P-15/.40 S&W
Longarm : Micro Anthis

Antenna[/url]
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
anthraxus
Mike

Post by anthraxus »

Sidearm: Colt Krait
Longarm: G11
"All right, Phase 6, Bad guys go first..."
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Hmm, given that I am currently doing stuff for the new corebook I am kind of up to my neck in gun stats at the moment! 8) However, as we are limiting our choices to more mundane starter kit I would probably choose the following:
Sidearm - Smith and Wesson M29 .44 Magnum.
Longarm - Winchester 1894 (or Marlin copy) in .44 Magnum.

Gotta go for ammunition compatibility! :twisted:
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Morthrai wrote:Hmm, given that I am currently doing stuff for the new corebook I am kind of up to my neck in gun stats at the moment! 8) However, as we are limiting our choices to more mundane starter kit I would probably choose the following:

Now that is a choice! I have the strange feeling that you are going for style rather than ammo compatibility but that will be hard to prove. I first thought about a lever action winchester too along with a revolver but for the sake of originality I'll change that to:

OTs-38 Silent firing Revolver and the Val silenced assault rifle.
Additionally I must state that I have made the expirience that it is not of big use being the only one in the group with silenced weapons.
:twisted:
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Zvezda wrote: Additionally I must state that I have made the expirience that it is not of big use being the only one in the group with silenced weapons.
:twisted:
Hehe, so parties of Minion Hunters tend to make a lot of noise during gunfights then? ;)
Lee Williams.
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

My DC character went for a no frills combination of Browning HP35 pistol and M16 rifle. Seemed to do the job. 9mm not much good against armoured targets though. Think this tends to be the case in real life, but DC overstates it somewhat?

The game I played in was set in the US so there wasn't too much of a problem getting hold of firearms. Here in the UK I'd probably have to content myself with a cricket bat and a snooker ball in a sock.
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
Antenna

Post by Antenna »

Morthrai wrote:Hmm, given that I am currently doing stuff for the new corebook I am kind of up to my neck in gun stats at the moment! 8) However, as we are limiting our choices to more mundane starter kit I would probably choose the following:

Morthrai, I sense an charachter.... A trucker ?

Antenna
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Antti, I had forgotten about him :D

Next time it'll be a S&W 627 and a Remington 870 pump action!
Lee Williams.
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Morthrai wrote: Hehe, so parties of Minion Hunters tend to make a lot of noise during gunfights then? ;)
Yep! Exactly. Firing shotungs in apartment buldings...and similar things.

But now that Ivan mentions it: 9mm all my players think that the nine millimeter guns are the weakest spot in the combat rules. Even if you hit an opponent dead center in the head he won't die. The highest damage you can score is 12 and that won't kill some one with the average CON of 5. However non of the players has ever complained about that thing while we where playing. Since the PC benefit from that fact a lot more that the NPCs they can still die from a hit to the head...

Do you plan to offer different types of ammuniton in the 3rd edition?
vadersson

Post by vadersson »

Lets see:

the hypotehetical gun nut I never played:
H&H .600 Nitro for rifle and a Remmington XP-100 pistol.

My German mechanic (who I played)
G11, H&K CAW, and standard German army side arm.

Typical joe
10mm pistol and a pump shotgun.

and if my wife would support me having guns in real life
M1 Garand and Colt 1911

See ya,
Duncan
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Will the disbanded G-11 project continue to be availabel in DC3? It was a big thing in the 90s. Featured in many a movie and several computer games...but for a modern RPG ist might seem a bit strange.
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

To answer a couple of points raised by Zvezda:

I haven't done anything about different ammo types yet for the core book. However, there may be a supplement in future dealing with more weapons and that might be the place to put it. Right now we are concentrating on getting the corebook done 8)

Secondly, I have to admit that I am considering 'losing' the G-11, but there are other options (both real-life and semi-fictional!) that will almost certainly be in the corebook. No, I can't say any more :wink: Otherwise we would be running a conspiracy without any secrets!
Lee Williams.
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

Morthrai wrote: Secondly, I have to admit that I am considering 'losing' the G-11, but there are other options (both real-life and semi-fictional!) that will almost certainly be in the corebook.
Lee

I'm mindful of your observation (made in relation to the Land Rover Halftrack from Demonground) that retro, or just plain odd, hardware fits the mood of the DC universe. Would this be sufficient reason for retaining the G11 perhaps? I suppose the ammo might be hard to come by in the poverty stricken milieu of the game. Thus only to be issued to elite troops or security personnel working for wealthy corporations?
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Ivan Dobski wrote:
Morthrai wrote: I'm mindful of your observation (made in relation to the Land Rover Halftrack from Demonground) that retro, or just plain odd, hardware fits the mood of the DC universe. Would this be sufficient reason for retaining the G11 perhaps? I suppose the ammo might be hard to come by in the poverty stricken milieu of the game. Thus only to be issued to elite troops or security personnel working for wealthy corporations?
Well, that is indeed a fair point well made :D Anyway, it would only take me a moment to put it back into the file. Nothing is set in stone just yet!
Lee Williams.
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Speaking of strange rilfes...has any one of you made rules for the AN-94 'Abakan'?