Dimension hopping

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
anthraxus
Mike

Dimension hopping

Post by anthraxus »

Have any of you ever run/played a serious dimension hopper campaign? My regular group got stuck in the rut of one for about two years or so. Care for details or to give your own?
"All right, Phase 6, Bad guys go first..."
vadersson

Post by vadersson »

I considered a set of adventures based on Sliders at one point. I liked the idea of the PCs being lost in the protodimensions.

I did have one group early on that did quite a bit of dimension hopping now that I think about it. I mostly used the ones from the PD guide book and maybe some stuff from the Stackpole novels. It was fun; they tracked a fire effrit on an Ice dimension once. That was a good fight.

See ya,
Duncan
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

I had one group stuck in an other dimension for several sessions, the close combat expert of the group liked it, since they did not have had developed firearms in that dimension. But unfortunatly I don't own the proto dimensions surcebook, so the dimension was not very developed.
vadersson

Post by vadersson »

That is the beauty of Proto-Dimensions, they can be anything you want. Some are just like Earth but something very minor is different. Others are totally wild. It reminds me of the Umbral Realms in the old White Wolf Werewolf and Mage settings.

Just remember a Proto-dimension can be what ever you need, just try to be consitant. I had one that was noting more than a dimension of snow. Snow everywhere all the time. Nothing else. I had another made up of nothing but geometric angles shapes. They were all translucent and coloried like soap bubbles get. Very pretty but not very important.

Thanks,
Duncan
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

I agree that consistency within each protodimension is necessary, but having said that the whole point of them is to facilitate the fact that in an infinite universe everything can exist. Therefore, build your own! It's fun for the referee and you really can have what you want 8)
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

It also gives you the possiblity to combine dc with other rpgs...if you like that that is.
anthraxus
Mike

Post by anthraxus »

I had a character (mentioned in another thread) that became known as the Herald of Doom because over five years of play she became the only known survivor of three different "Earths" that succumbed to the Dark.
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Now that sounds wired three diferent earthes! Five years of playing or five years "in character"?
anthraxus
Mike

Post by anthraxus »

Five years playing. It was probably about 2-5 in game time. The dimension-hopping makes it difficult to keep track
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Yep, I guess that dimension hopping makes it difficult to keep track of time and place. Five years? Not bad I say!