Important - Book Structure Question for All DC Forum users

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
Fiannaidhe

I like your proposal.

Post by Fiannaidhe »

I like the idea of multiple books.

( I've taken an extended break from reading this board, so excuse the very late response.)

As a GM I want my players in the dark, makes for more fun game play having them throw out ideas and such. So I most definitely want a book with info only for the GM's eyes. There's nothing stopping a player from going out and buying the GM book, but hey that's good for you guys, right? :D However it is my gaming experience that your players are only going to go buy what they need, which means they will only buy the core rules. The "rules lawyers" will buy everything so that they can argue with the gm to try and get their way. (personal experience with my campaign. Because of the bickering we are on extended hiatus. :oops: )

I know for a fact that when i buy the available materials; core rules, mustering adventure, and GM book, I want all that materaial asap. And I know that of my very small group, (3 players, and me as GM) myself and maybe one player will buy everything, the other two will buy only the core rules nothing else.
Bob
Site Admin

Re: I like your proposal.

Post by Morthrai »

Fiannaidhe wrote:I like the idea of multiple books.
As a GM I want my players in the dark, makes for more fun game play having them throw out ideas and such. So I most definitely want a book with info only for the GM's eyes.
I have to admit I do agree to a certain extent. It does make more sense, particularly with a horror game.
Fiannaidhe wrote:It is my gaming experience that your players are only going to go buy what they need, which means they will only buy the core rules.
That's more or less what happens with my mates here as well, unless they really love the game and decide they want to try running it in which case they run out and buy the lot! :)
Fiannaidhe wrote:The "rules lawyers" will buy everything so that they can argue with the gm to try and get their way.
Hey, they can argue if they like :twisted: 8)
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"