Dark Conspiracy 4th Edition!

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
Morthrai
Site Admin

Dark Conspiracy 4th Edition!

Post by Morthrai » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:07 pm

Finally, the true Dark Conspiracy can be uncovered! I can reveal that Patric Götz has acquired the DC licence and is planning to bring us Dark Conspiracy 4th edition sometime in 2018. Patric runs the German RPG company Uhrwerk Verlag (Clockwork Publishing for us English speakers) and already publishes a mixture of RPGs in both languages - including another old GDW line Space:1889. :D

Check out the teaser here: http://dark-conspiracy.com/
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"

ReHerakhte
Minion Hunter
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Re: Dark Conspiracy 4th Edition!

Post by ReHerakhte » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:51 am

Ah ha, so that explains the strange rumours I had been hearing from friends with friends in a country that borders Germany... :?
Good news indeed after thinking that the end of 3Hombres association with DC was the "end" of DC.

There's a bit of a write up about it on EN world
http://www.enworld.org/forum/content.ph ... YQlxoh94dV

EDIT: As much as I am looking forward to all this, the website for this edition does give me pause...
From http://dark-conspiracy.com/
"The relaunch will begin with the release of the Dark Conspiracy core rulebook, accompanied by the Dark Conspiracy Referee’s Resource & Screen, special Dark Conspiracy dice and card decks, and adventures. Future supplements will include sourcebooks detailing gear, psychic powers, minions, and will further explore the world of Dark Conspiracy."
Special dice? Card decks? I really hope they mean dice and cards configured for or branded as DC and they aren't some "special" proprietary dice/card system that you'll need to play the game.
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...

Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:46 pm

From what little I know, Clockwork's intention is to tidy up the original ruleset so I'm hoping it's branded stuff rather than a total change. Only fair to bear in mind that they have changed core rules for some of their other lines though. Too early to tell as yet :?
ReHerakhte wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:51 am
As much as I am looking forward to all this, the website for this edition does give me pause...

"The relaunch will begin with the release of the Dark Conspiracy core rulebook, accompanied by the Dark Conspiracy Referee’s Resource & Screen, special Dark Conspiracy dice and card decks, and adventures. Future supplements will include sourcebooks detailing gear, psychic powers, minions, and will further explore the world of Dark Conspiracy."
Special dice? Card decks? I really hope they mean dice and cards configured for or branded as DC and they aren't some "special" proprietary dice/card system that you'll need to play the game.
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"

ReHerakhte
Minion Hunter
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Post by ReHerakhte » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:06 am

Yeah... I know they use the Ubiquity system for their Space: 1889 material and that does give me some cause for concern - I am not a fan of that system and I am especially not a fan if it turns something like DC into nothing but a pulp-action adventure series.
While I realize that DC can very well be pulp-action, that's just one way to play it and the earlier rules systems did not force that on the Players. I am not so keen to see it use a simplistic rules system that is made for nothing but cinematic/pulp-action style.
I'd still buy any DC product they made, but I wouldn't be using Ubiquity to run it.
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...

Return to “General Dark Conspiracy Discussion”