Holsters.....

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
Phulish
Nome

Holsters.....

Post by Phulish »

Regardless of company or material holster weights varie wildly so I've taken 10 of each type and vaveraged them. I also set aside a few for individual attettion.
Thumb break holsters mount on a duty or pants belt and use a strap snapped together to secure the pistol. One uses the thumb to flick it open while drawing the sidearm. .5kg/$50

Paddle holsters use a flap or "paddle" tucked in the belt or pants waistband to keep the holster positioned, Otherwise it's similiar to the thumb break holster. .5kg/$50

Inside waistband holsters have the holster itself concealed in the waistband..5kg/$55

Double mag pouch holds two mags on the belt or concealed in the waistband or on the opposit side of a shoulder holster. .16kg/$20

Single mag pouch is usually on the waist, but possibly could be ankle or wrist mounted..12kg/$9
I'm still working on the individual ones, stay tuned! :D
Zvezda
Darkling

Re: Holsters.....

Post by Zvezda »

Thanks for the list. Any advantages / disadvanteges on Initiative for example or concealability? Can you shoot the weapon when holstered? I have also heard that the police occasionally has some kind of security holster which make the theft of the fire arm very difficult. Any idea on those?
Руки Вверх!
Phulish
Nome

Post by Phulish »

I think holsters like the Serpa CQC and others would be covered by the coolness under fire. It's not like forgetting the safety or short stroking a shotgun. Serpas have a release where one's trigger fingerlines up when safely drawing the sidearm.
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Thanks for that info. I have found this video which explains how the holster works. Very simple but very clever.
Руки Вверх!
Phulish
Nome

Post by Phulish »

Mine is the civilian grey version with the paddle mount. It is a petty good synthetic holster. :wink: