Stat generation

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
Mister E

Stat generation

Post by Mister E »

I was just curious which system for stat generation most people used. I found that players generally ended up with numerically better characters rolling, but point allocation was about the only way to get a decent empath.

-E
Stare not too long in to the abyss...
Braxen

Post by Braxen »

I hope that they stay with the random generation. If nothing else they could still keep both the point allocation and random in place. For my games my players will never see the point allocation method.
"Hey guys did you hear that scraping sound? guys? GUYS?!"

Braxen
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

We always used the random generation and than the options form the secondary activities.
Fiannaidhe

Post by Fiannaidhe »

I prefer point allocation because it prevents any player arguments stemming from "you got lucky on your rolls." With point allocation, all players are starting out the same.
Bob
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

That's true but it also gives them the opportunity to play something else. Not the same navy seal as the last time. I mean many of the entrance restrictions are worthless if you use point allocation.