Jet Packs

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
Zvezda
Darkling

Jet Packs

Post by Zvezda »

A bit bulky but betterthan nothing.
scottm

Re: Jet Packs

Post by scottm »

Zvezda wrote:A bit bulky but betterthan nothing.
Strange you don't need a license for it. I hear the blue flight suit which comes with it can come with or without the cobra insignia.
"The further I get from the things that I care about,
the less I care about how much further away I get..."

Fear of Ghosts - The Cure
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

I actually doubt that. Why should a reasonable person buy one when it does not have a Cobra insignia on it?
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Post by ReHerakhte »

Zvezda wrote:I actually doubt that. Why should a reasonable person buy one when it does not have a Cobra insignia on it?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

But on a serious note, I believe the non-requirement for a licence will probably be determined by the country it's sold in and how they classify the vehicle. For example, if it's classed as a recreational device like a jetski, most countries would probably not see it as necessary to need a licence to operate it.

** Rant **
I hate how they call it a jetpack when it obviously has no jets :x
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Yep, I agree. It would harldly be possible to 'fly' that thing in the EU without a licence. Till you netioned it I have not even realized that it obviously has no jets! :shock:
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Post by ReHerakhte »

Hehehe - that's just me being a grumpy old man. It uses ducted fans for lift but jetpack is easier to write up (as well as actually say) than ducted-fan-pack and fan-pack just sounds wrong.
However, I can't help myself and it annoys me when writers (I would not call any of them journalists anymore, proper journalism died out many years ago) use the easiest terms they can (or perhaps the "laziest terms they can" would be more correct?)

But to keep on track, I hope they have more success than the Solo-Trek and the Springtail. I think the Solo-Trek faded into obscurity but the tech was kept alive as the Springtail http://www.trekaero.com/ although the Springtail also seems to suffer from a similar lack of interested private buyers.
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...
scottm

Post by scottm »

ReHerakhte wrote:Hehehe - that's just me being a grumpy old man. It uses ducted fans for lift but jetpack is easier to write up (as well as actually say) than ducted-fan-pack and fan-pack just sounds wrong.
However, I can't help myself and it annoys me when writers (I would not call any of them journalists anymore, proper journalism died out many years ago) use the easiest terms they can (or perhaps the "laziest terms they can" would be more correct?)

But to keep on track, I hope they have more success than the Solo-Trek and the Springtail. I think the Solo-Trek faded into obscurity but the tech was kept alive as the Springtail http://www.trekaero.com/ although the Springtail also seems to suffer from a similar lack of interested private buyers.
Hm. Solo-Trek sounds like one of those transporters out of the first movie that got an Away Team where it was going.. in like nine pieces.

The springtail. I've got one of those in our backyard. Take off is great. Landing: not so great. Home Insurance isn't really thrilled with the idea. The big neighbors call it a trampoline. The little neighbors don't call it anything because it keeps breaking them.
"The further I get from the things that I care about,
the less I care about how much further away I get..."

Fear of Ghosts - The Cure
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

I agree on that journalism thing. Though I feel that there are still some english language papers and broadcasting houses which are slightly above the average wierdness today.