Play by Post Forum RP

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
anthraxus
Mike

Play by Post Forum RP

Post by anthraxus »

I've requested and obtained Marcus's permission to start a DC game here on the forums. He has said that he will create a specific Forum for this in a week or so.

My setting will be fairly textbook DC, centered around Chiwaulkee. All rolls, in game, will be done by me, in an effort to expedite the action of the story. Character creation will be done by the players, details to follow in the RP Forum or via PM. I'm looking for 4-6 players, if anyone is interested. If you want to join in, just post here, or contact me via PM.

This is the start of the game map, showing some significant areas of Chiwaulkee and the rough region that the game will start in.

[EDIT] Added link to game map
"All right, Phase 6, Bad guys go first..."
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Sounds like great fun. Let's see how this turns out.
anthraxus
Mike

Post by anthraxus »

While I'm thinking of them and taking a break from adding stuff to the map, I thought I would go ahead and post some the rules for play. These will be cross posted to the RP Forum once it's setup.

Common Abbreviations
IC/IP - In Character or In Play. These terms are interchangeable and mean that the following or contained text is meant to be in the context of the game.

OOC/OOP - Out Of Character or Out of Play. These terms are interchangeable and mean that the following or contained text is meant to be read outside the text of the game.

Godmodding/Powerplaying - This forbidden action means to cause someone else's character to do something without their input. For example, John cannot make a post in which he states that Sheila's character jumps in front of his, or even reacts to something he says.

Character Creation
Character creation is performed as stated in the Rules. The only additions are the inclusion of the Cybernetics rules from Demonground Issue 15, pg 76-93. This includes the new careers mentioned therein. The following items from that article are not permitted: Nano-Jack, Empathic Computer Interface, Cyberhead, Implanted Stunner, More than two levels of Subdermal Thoracic Plates, Ovulation Controller, Contraception Implant, Nanomite Blood Clotting System, Empathy Booster, everything on the Skin Enhancements list.

It is recommended that you use this character sheet when making your character. It also includes an adjusted equipment list with campaign specific price adjustments.

Players starting as Proles or Gnomes are considered to shift to the Mike social class if they serve two or more terms in a Mike only career.

Starting Intiative: if no military careers are served - 1D6/2, otherwise 1D6-1.

Any questions or odd character concepts should be run by the GM via PM or post in the OOC thread.
Last edited by anthraxus on Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
anthraxus
Mike

Post by anthraxus »

Character Development
At the end of each "adventure" each player will be rewarded a number of experience points, determined by the GM. Any characters whom are not Initiative 6 will gain one fractional point on their Initiative. Once these fractional points equal the current initiative level, that character's Initiative advances one level, and the fractional points reset to 0.
Characters may spend experience points to advance skills they already have as normal (1:1, unless the skill is higher than the stat, then 2:1, empathy skills cost double). Learning new skills may be done one of three ways: Observation, Instruction, Self-taught. Observation and Instruction work as described in the book. Self-taught (which applies to all empathic abilities by default) is accomplished by succeeding at both a Difficult test in the controlling attribute of the skill, and a Difficult test in Education. Self teaching takes 12-EDU hours per day for one week.
anthraxus
Mike

Post by anthraxus »