Skill test help please - new player

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
ugavine

Skill test help please - new player

Post by ugavine »

Hi,

I'm not new to RPGs, but I am to Dark Conspiracy. That is, I've never played it but the rulebook has sat on my shelf since 1991! I knew I'd get around to playing it one day.

I'm just not understanding Attribute and Skill tests. I understand the difficulties, but what exactly is rolled?

Cheers.
Phulish
Nome

Re: Skill test help please - new player

Post by Phulish »

Let me think of an example, but each skill has an attribute you add. If you have EDU:5 and chemistry :3, 5 plus 3 is "8" before any moderators, if you use Computer:1,5 plus 1 is "6".
ugavine

Post by ugavine »

Thanks for the reply.

I thought that was how it worked, but book mentions Percentage dice and that just threw me.
Phulish
Nome

Post by Phulish »

ugavine wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:39 pm Thanks for the reply.

I thought that was how it worked, but book mentions Percentage dice and that just threw me.
DC 1st Ed used D10's, later versions use D20's.
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

ugavine wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:39 pm Thanks for the reply.

There was an odd mechanic that required you to roll against attributes on a percentile dice in a specific situation. I forget exactly what it was now - possibly if you were severely injured you had to roll your CON as a % before you could do anything - good luck with that. :wink:
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."