GM Issues - discussion on running the game

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
anthraxus
Mike

Post by anthraxus »

I'm thinking of using a Bhuta in the game I'm running this weekend. I did a toxic mother who was being worshipped by a small tribe of Nukids in the Congo jungle last time. Just move the focus to eastern Africa and it is fitting I think.

Hell, might write the story I still need to send Michael about it.
"All right, Phase 6, Bad guys go first..."
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Congo,huh? Sounds interesting. Regions with some sort of war or civil war are always interesting.
How do you run adventures in Africa? If the USA is no longer in contorl over it's rural areas, the economy has collapsed and things like that. The situation is probably a lot worse in many African nations. How do you run transportation and food supply?
anthraxus
Mike

Post by anthraxus »

The world isn't quite DC standard. For one the economy of Europe and especially Japan is quite strong. This latest trip was funded by a Japanese Gnome who arranged for transport and supplies before hand as he was producing a movie in the area. The group were all members of the cast and crew. When they found the second village they were filming in to be overwhelmed by a mysterious "flu" and a few days later the village was swarming with Dharbas. The crew bugged out under heavy fire without ever persuing the dozen or so union crew (NPCs) that they lost down the tunnel network.

The Gnome lost a lot of money on that deal, let me tell you.

and now the Bhuta has an entire village of stock to work with. I may set him up as a local warlord now. :twisted:
"All right, Phase 6, Bad guys go first..."
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

That is one of the greatest advantages of DC, well probably that IS DC! Not two games are equal, the world is so easy to change so everyone can have the perfect world for the group of players.

Damn that poor chap! I hope the insurance does not cover ‘attacks of alien space bats’ and that he has to pay for all his loss himself. That village thing seems very evil. As a sadistic GM I have had some fun in Africa. It is not everybody’s idea of fun but I have included child soldiers as adversaries in my campaigns. There are quite some players who’s PCs simply refused to fight back, they would rather die than kill children.