Two new weapons books on DriveThruRPG

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Two new weapons books on DriveThruRPG

Post by ReHerakhte »

DriveThruRPG has two new weapons books for Twilight: 2000 2nd edition/V2.2.
The two books cover many items that are very much suitable for Merc: 2000 and Dark Conspiracy as the author has included items from the 2000-2020 time period.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse.php ... rto%20Roth
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...
Linden
Darkling

Re: Two new weapons books on DriveThruRPG

Post by Linden »

ReHerakhte wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:23 am
The two books cover many items that are very much suitable for Merc: 2000 and Dark Conspiracy as the author has included items from the 2000-2020 time period.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse.php ... rto%20Roth
As time's gone on I find myself increasingly liking the retro feel of the original weapons in Dark Conspiracy e.g. SLRs, 10mm handguns and SMGs, no-Glocks. Fits in with the rest of the game's 1980s/90s technical aesthetic.

I recall at least one picture in the original rulebook in which somebody's waving an MP40 about - even more retro, but you did need the T2000 infantry weapons book if you wanted the stats for that one (although one 9mm SMG is much like another in the GDW house system).
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Post by ReHerakhte »

I can appreciate that. I have a tendency to restrict gear that the PCs can get a hold of, based on their Social Class and the vast majority of the most modern or high tech equipment is found in the hands of the Corporations... who don't really like to share their toys.

And in regards to the GDW system and one 9mm SMG being much the same as another, definitely. I don't have too much of a problem with this though because I tend to see it as two variations on the same tool, minor differences, some cosmetic changes but it's still basically made for a particular job.
Having said that, however, I do try to create weapons cards with some tweaks over the GDW system, factors such as barrel length and its affect on range, the operating system of the weapon, weight and its affect on recoil etc. etc. so that in some cases there are some minor advantages of one weapon over another of the same type.

What can I say, I'm a gun geek! :roll: :mrgreen:
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

ReHerakhte wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:23 am

What can I say, I'm a gun geek! :roll: :mrgreen:
I always remember the Browning HP35 was the best 9mm pistol in Dark Conspiracy, a third less recoil and a lot more bullets than most of its competitors. This from a pistol that pre-dates the second world war. The old ones are the best.
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
Phulish
Nome

Post by Phulish »

Glock 17's are a 1980's thing, But the books also allow me to flesh out the H&K Jaeger teams mentioned in DC3. I'm wanting a chaotic hunt for a McGuffin by Corps, Govt agencies and Hunters.