Its Alive!!

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
Braxen

Its Alive!!

Post by Braxen »

I just heard that one of my favorite games is being resurrected! I have been GMing this game since it was originally released and still continue to run it at conventions and my home games also ( I have some very sick puppies that like toying with murlocs =).

I am interested in seeing what type of rules modifications that you guys have come up with. I have played around with the game mechanics over the years and have come up with something that works really well imo. The original d20 that was used is ok but with some changes. I used the following for my games: Easy +4, Average +2, Difficult +0, Formidable -2, Impossible -4. I have even played around with using d100 (with some touches of Rolemaster (martial arts tables =). This last test worked well also and allowed me to play with difficulty levels/penalties.

The setting I have been using is Lexington Kentucky in 2035 and is far enough ahead that I can add any current happenings now as stroyline for my game. For my games in 2035 Iraq has become a terriroty of the US along with afghanistan. China has taken Taiwan, North/South Korea, and several other countries.

I look forward to reading more about the changes that are going to be coming to this game.
"Hey guys did you hear that scraping sound? guys? GUYS?!"

Braxen
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Yeah! I hated the either to easy or to hard task resolution system. I use one similar to yours. Have you written down anything about Iraq and China? I would love to read it.