The poor should have less fun

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
Zvezda
Darkling

The poor should have less fun

Post by Zvezda »

Sometimes you wonder if people are just plain evil or simply insane. Either way this gives you some good roleplaying hinds on DC's gnomes. The poor have no bread? Then why don't they eat cake?
Руки Вверх!
Linden
Darkling

Re: The poor should have less fun

Post by Linden »

I'd have a bit more respect for her viewpoint if she'd made her own money rather than inheriting it. Typical Gnome attitude: Kill the Poor.
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
Pennanngalan
Prole

Post by Pennanngalan »

Sounds like the LA Times is putting their own spin on the story, another good theme for DC. I happen to agree with her... just wish she was a little more liberal with the "how-to".
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Speaking of putting the own spine. Here is Austrias leading news paper "Die Kronen Zeitung" with shocking images from Syria.
Руки Вверх!
Pennanngalan
Prole

Post by Pennanngalan »

Well now... there is certainly some astounding similarities between those family groups :lol:
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Linden wrote:I'd have a bit more respect for her viewpoint if she'd made her own money rather than inheriting it. Typical Gnome attitude: Kill the Poor.
Dead Kennedys! Always related to my interests.
If she would be a character form some book I would think it would be too blunt to let her make such statements. But it seems that often those who have not worked a single hour in their life tell thous who work the hardest (like miners, hell, MINERS!!!, nurses, construction workers and so on) to work harder to get out of poverty...
My coworkers have a very nice office day. I just have decided that it is Dead Kennedys Monday. :twisted: They would probably like it somewhat better if I would stop singing along... :?
Руки Вверх!
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

Zvezda wrote:
My coworkers have a very nice office day. I just have decided that it is Dead Kennedys Monday. :twisted: They would probably like it somewhat better if I would stop singing along... :?

Don't forget to treat them to this one. I'm sure they'll appreciate it.
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Post by ReHerakhte »

As an Australian and as someone employed in the mining industry in Australia for 20 years who also has had experience with companies run by people like Gina Rinehart I'd like to say the following: -

Rinehart stands as a shining example of everything Australians despise about people who got rich by inheritance and then go on to claim how hard they've worked to get that wealth (she inherited a very rich iron ore mining operation from her father that just kept growing stronger over the decades as China began buying more and more iron ore from Australia).

If Rinehart had her way, we would go back to the days of the wealthy industrialists calling in the police/army to shoot anyone protesting about unfair/unsafe/unhealthy working conditions, there would be no social welfare provided by the State, unions would be destoyed and anyone who was injured in the workplace would be labelled as a malingerer and discarded as soon as possible.
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...
Marcus Bone
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Bone »

ReHerakhte wrote:As an Australian and as someone employed in the mining industry in Australia for 20 years who also has had experience with companies run by people like Gina Rinehart I'd like to say the following: -

Rinehart stands as a shining example of everything Australians despise about people who got rich by inheritance and then go on to claim how hard they've worked to get that wealth (she inherited a very rich iron ore mining operation from her father that just kept growing stronger over the decades as China began buying more and more iron ore from Australia).

If Rinehart had her way, we would go back to the days of the wealthy industrialists calling in the police/army to shoot anyone protesting about unfair/unsafe/unhealthy working conditions, there would be no social welfare provided by the State, unions would be destoyed and anyone who was injured in the workplace would be labelled as a malingerer and discarded as soon as possible.

Hear-hear!
Owner of http://www.darkconspiracytherpg.info and other great RPG websites -
- Stormbringer! - Supporting the Eternal Champion RPGs at http://www.stormbringerrpg.com
- Unbound Publishing - Bringing back the fear - http://www.unboundbook.org