Protodimension Issue #13 - HALLOWEEN SPECIAL!

A forum for discussing both the new The Dark Times modern conspiracy horror fanzine and the now defunct Protodimension fanzine.
Morthrai
Site Admin

Protodimension Issue #13 - HALLOWEEN SPECIAL!

Post by Morthrai »

Greetings all.

After discussion we have decided that Protodimension issue 13 will be held over for a Halloween release. The reason for this is simply that, being a magazine dealing with horror-conspiracy-weirdness, how can we pass up the chance to have our 13th issue arrive at Halloween? :twisted:

This also means that the deadline now becomes October 1st, in order to leave us time to edit and layout the material we already have as well as whatever else you good people have for us. Submissions do not have to be Halloween themed but of course that would be cool!

Our intention is to publish what will hopefully be not only our largest issue so far, but with your help also our best issue in terms of quality of material.

Get creating and email the results to us at this address:

submissions@protodimension.com

Cheers!
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
Linden
Darkling

Re: Protodimension Issue #13 - HALLOWEEN SPECIAL!

Post by Linden »

Looking forward to it. I should be able to let you have a Dangerous Places style piece. It's about two thirds done but, as is often the way, has started to morph into something a bit bigger than I originally envisaged. I was thinking of including four different adventure seeds, one for each of the following time periods Gaslight, Classic, WW2 and Modern. The latter two may have Delta Green/PISCES connections. Sound ok?
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Post by ReHerakhte »

I'm jumping in and saying. "Linden, HELL YES!"

I've got something that I'm chasing at the moment that will connect with the article I submitted for the Gepard M6 Lynx Anti-Materiel Rifle in Issue 12.
Probably won't be a big article but should have plenty of bang for the buck :wink:
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Linden: that will be fine. As I understand it we can mention Delta Green in context, we just don't have the proper permissions to write specific material for that setting. Norm and I will check it over anyway as usual :)

Kevin: that will be fine. We gamers like our weapons and equipment! 8)
Lee Williams.
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

Morthrai wrote:Linden: that will be fine. As I understand it we can mention Delta Green in context, we just don't have the proper permissions to write specific material for that setting. Norm and I will check it over anyway as usual :)

From our previous conversations I gather the objection is to people rewriting or modifying various parts of the official background (the canon if you like). That's certainly not my intention. The idea is to present a situation and include a "way in" for people running DG themed games. No more, no less.
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Perfect then Linden! Cheers. :D
Lee Williams.
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Post by ReHerakhte »

Hiya Lee, I've got my article almost ready. Sorry for the delay.
I've been trying to find extra sources of information (other than the original press release) but most reports either repeat the intitial press release or are nothing more than speculation upon the press release.
I'm hoping to have the final draft done tonight. It's a tech related piece and non-game system specific but again, lots of bang for the buck - all will be revealed shortly!

It's whether I win...
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

That's all good Kevin, not a problem. Norm's been busy on the new DC so as far as I am aware layout on PDM 13 hasn't started yet 8)
Lee Williams.
tadkelson

Post by tadkelson »

Linden...Looking forward to your piece
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

tadkelson wrote:Linden...Looking forward to your piece

Sent it a while back - got an acknowledgement and everything. Is there a problem your end? Hope not, but let me know and I'll resend.
ReHerakhte
Darkling

Post by ReHerakhte »

Any word on when Issue 13 will be available?

While I'm obviously interested in getting my grubby little hands on it, I know Norm had some real world concerns that required Protodimension to wait it's turn for his attentions. Is it anything we here can assist with?

Edit: It's all good, the issue is up for download.
I have to remember that Australia is about half a day ahead of the US and about a quarter day ahead of the UK - too damned eager and betrayed by the timezone!

It's whether I win...
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

ReHerakhte wrote:

Edit: It's all good, the issue is up for download.

Splendid news. Look forward to downloading it when I get home from work. I may even knock off early. :wink: