Protodimension issue 12 now available!

A forum for discussing both the new The Dark Times modern conspiracy horror fanzine and the now defunct Protodimension fanzine.
Morthrai
Site Admin

Protodimension issue 12 now available!

Post by Morthrai »

Greetings all.

For your reading enjoyment, I am happy to announce that Protodimension issue 12 is now available from the usual place:

http://www.protodimension.com/zine/?page_id=101

Hope you like it, and as usual we are open for submissions for future issues.

Cheers!
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
Linden
Darkling

Re: Protodimension issue 12 now available!

Post by Linden »

Never expected to see my article in #12 as I was well past the deadline - thanks chaps!
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

No worry Linden, your stuff never needs much editing anyway so Norm decided to throw it in :)
Lee Williams.
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Post by ReHerakhte »

Well Linden, the whole crew is pretty damned good! My articles were late as well, just past the deadline, but the guys whipped 'em into shape to get them into issue 12.
I think by now we can well and truly say that Protodimension is a successful successor to Demonground :D
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

ReHerakhte wrote:Well Linden, the whole crew is pretty damned good! My articles were late as well, just past the deadline, but the guys whipped 'em into shape to get them into issue 12.
I think by now we can well and truly say that Protodimension is a successful successor to Demonground :D

The team do a very good job - I continue to be impressed at how they keep the mag coming on its quarterly schedule given the other projects they're involved in.
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

ReHerakhte wrote:Well Linden, the whole crew is pretty damned good! My articles were late as well, just past the deadline, but the guys whipped 'em into shape to get them into issue 12.

Basically all it takes is for us to know for certain that something will be a little late, and allowances can be made :D

As for the Demonground thing, that was what Norm had in mind from the start but it's good to know other people think that way. Being involved in both, I have to say I do miss those days but I think that's because Demonground was the first collaborative effort I was involved in via t'internets. 8)

Of course we are also unique in being the only fanzine whose editor owes you 20 quid...but you'll have to come and fetch it in person sometime :twisted:
Lee Williams.
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Linden wrote:
The team do a very good job - I continue to be impressed at how they keep the mag coming on its quarterly schedule given the other projects they're involved in.

That's mainly down to Norm, my real life is so badly organised it's hard sometimes for me to help him :oops:
Lee Williams.
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Post by ReHerakhte »

Morthrai wrote:Basically all it takes is for us to know for certain that something will be a little late, and allowances can be made :D

As for the Demonground thing, that was what Norm had in mind from the start but it's good to know other people think that way. Being involved in both, I have to say I do miss those days but I think that's because Demonground was the first collaborative effort I was involved in via t'internets. 8)

Of course we are also unique in being the only fanzine whose editor owes you 20 quid...but you'll have to come and fetch it in person sometime
:twisted:
While I haven't done as much as I could, I basically resolved to be an active contributor to Protodimension because of what happened to Demonground.
I remember getting the first issue of DG from a friend who had printed it out for me because I was running DarkCon games at the time. I remember thinking that this was one of the greatest things about the internet - a world wide group of people supporting a game I enjoyed even though it wasn't published anymore.

I have fond memories of DG and miss those days when it was being published but I too think that it was because it was the first ezine I actually got involved with in one way or another. I've got 'em all printed out and in fact they are in files sitting right next to the desk as I type this! Some day I intend to have the same thing happen with the issues of Protodimension.

As for the 20, it's tempting to fly to the UK to collect it and I think I might just use that as the excuse to visit again in the near future. All I have to do is convince my boss I need the time off!

It's whether I win...
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

ReHerakhte wrote:. I remember thinking that this was one of the greatest things about the internet - a world wide group of people supporting a game I enjoyed even though it wasn't published anymore.

Both Demonground and Protodimension have been absolutely essential to me when running my two Dark Conspiracy campaigns, and to a lesser extent CoC and Cold City.Loads of great scenarios and other useful material. For me the only other mag that comes close was GDW's "Challenge".
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Linden wrote: Both Demonground and Protodimension have been absolutely essential to me when running my two Dark Conspiracy campaigns, and to a lesser extent CoC and Cold City.Loads of great scenarios and other useful material. For me the only other mag that comes close was GDW's "Challenge".

While we are on the subject, I have to say if Challenge was an internet-age publication I would definitely have contributed!* Physically mailing material to the USA would have been too expensive, and probably still is.

*(presuming my material would have been good enough - after all they turned down Adam Scott Glancy's submission which eventually formed the basis of Delta Green!)
Lee Williams.
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

Morthrai wrote:Physically mailing material to the USA would have been too expensive, and probably still is.

*(presuming my material would have been good enough - after all they turned down Adam Scott Glancy's submission which eventually formed the basis of Delta Green!)

I had a couple of articles accepted by them (for FASA Star Trek and D6 Star Wars respectively) but GDW shut up shop soon after so neither saw the light of day :roll: . As I remember it wasn't that pricey posting stuff to the US - there's a special lower rate for printed matter.
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

As much as I love protodimensions...why the hell is there still no donation button? Does it cost anything? In that case I would probably stay away from that. But as far as I know are these micropayment things for free until you receive some money from them. I mean even thought PD is free you guys still have to cover the cost for the hoster and all that stuff. If you would calculate the cost for highly professional layouting... :wink: well you know what I mean.
Руки Вверх!
ReHerakhte
Darkling

Post by ReHerakhte »

Zvezda makes an interesting point. How much does hosting the download site cost? Although we are a rather small community in the grand scheme of things, I reckon there's a few of us who wouldn't object to donating to help cover costs.

It's whether I win...
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

I don't know what the costs are for hosting and so forth, Norm handles all that side of things. I am sure a little help would be gratefully received :D
Lee Williams.
Marcus Bone
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Bone »

If hosting ever became an issue - you're more than welcome to have some of this site's space for Protodimensions, etc.

I mean it is a pretty big empty room hosting nothing more than this forum and a few other sites at the moment :P

Marcus
Owner of http://www.darkconspiracytherpg.info and other great RPG websites -
- Stormbringer! - Supporting the Eternal Champion RPGs at http://www.stormbringerrpg.com
- Unbound Publishing - Bringing back the fear - http://www.unboundbook.org