The Chinese Beachhead in America

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
Story
Minion

The Chinese Beachhead in America

Post by Story »

China National Machinery Industry Corporation (Sinomach for short) plans to construct a "technology zone" south of Boise Airport which would ultimately be up to 50 square miles in size. The Chinese Communist Party is the majority owner of Sinomach, so the 10,000 to 30,000 acre "self-sustaining city" that is being planned would essentially belong to the Chinese government. The planned "self-sustaining city" in Idaho would include manufacturing facilities, warehouses, retail centers and large numbers of homes for Chinese workers. Basically it would be a slice of communist China dropped right into the middle of the United States.

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archiv ... oise-idaho
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Re: The Chinese Beachhead in America

Post by ReHerakhte »

Now that is actually damned scary. I'm surprised that businesses in the US would allow it.
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

Might not have much choice. The Chinese have got plenty dollars, or so I'm told.
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Post by ReHerakhte »

Yeah, they do own the largest percentage of the US foreign debt so they have a pretty strong voice at the moment.
There's some who claim the US is the world's last superpower but I believe they're very wrong. China is just sitting back, amassing power and husbanding it's own resources while buying up everything else.

It's whether I win...
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

ReHerakhte wrote:There's some who claim the US is the world's last superpower but I believe they're very wrong. China is just sitting back, amassing power and husbanding it's own resources while buying up everything else.
Like Napoleon said: "For when China wakes, it will shake the world." Yet I don't think it's a foregone conclusion. China has its own internal problems to contend which may still put a crimp in any bid for world domination. A few years back everybody thought Japan was going to be running the show and look what's happened there.

A Sino-dominated world might make for an interesting alternative Dark Conspiracy milieu.
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
Story
Minion

Post by Story »

A Chinese ratings house has accused the United States of defaulting on its massive debt, state media said Friday, a day after Beijing urged Washington to put its fiscal house in order.

"In our opinion, the United States has already been defaulting," Guan Jianzhong, president of Dagong Global Credit Rating Co. Ltd., the only Chinese agency that gives sovereign ratings, was quoted by the Global Times saying.

Washington had already defaulted on its loans by allowing the dollar to weaken against other currencies -- eroding the wealth of creditors including China, Guan said.
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/china-ratings- ... 09883.html
ReHerakhte
Darkling

Post by ReHerakhte »

Now there's an interesting scenario... what if the US government is deliberately letting its economy suffer and its dollar devalue so as to weaken the debt owed to China. Maybe in the hope that China will let some of the debt slide or sell it off to a country more amenable to the US.

Not saying it's likely but it is an interesting 'what if'.

It's whether I win...
Story
Minion

Post by Story »

ReHerakhte wrote:Now there's an interesting scenario... what if the US government is deliberately letting its economy suffer and its dollar devalue so as to weaken the debt owed to China. Maybe in the hope that China will let some of the debt slide or sell it off to a country more amenable to the US.

Not saying it's likely but it is an interesting 'what if'.
What if a certain international tycoon is pulling the puppet-strings for that move by the US, so that he can buy the debt.... and become the de facto dictator? 8)
ReHerakhte
Darkling

Post by ReHerakhte »

Story wrote:What if a certain international tycoon is pulling the puppet-strings for that move by the US, so that he can buy the debt.... and become the de facto dictator? 8)
Now that I like! Certainly adds an interesting concept for the breakdown of the USA for DC's Dark America write-up.

It's whether I win...
Story
Minion

Post by Story »

ReHerakhte wrote:
Now that I like! Certainly adds an interesting concept for the breakdown of the USA for DC's Dark America write-up.
You don't say.... http://itmakessenseblog.com/files/2011/ ... soros5.jpg
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Now that is as DC as it gets. China establishing a special economic zone in the USA.
I don't like any nation dominating the world in DC. The governments of several nations might like to present that image to the population just to find good excuses why their best soldiers have been bitterly defeated by 12-year-olds with 70-year-old-rifles in Somalia.
Conflict and Merc2000 style low level wars are everywere but are to a large extend fought by mercenaries. Is Nato still operating in your games?
Руки Вверх!