Meanwhile, elsewhere on the internet...

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

ReHerakhte wrote:They buy plenty of the published adventures and run them pretty much straight from the book and they rarely create anything of their own.
There's always been a lot of that around. Especially amongst D&D players.
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

ReHerakhte wrote: I have seen many comments from people on this and other gaming forums, saying that they have rarely (and sometimes not at all) run a published scenario for their Players. They bought them for information or to collect the set but they always made up their own adventures.
With the latest group of people who are gaming, it's the other way around. They buy plenty of the published adventures and run them pretty much straight from the book and they rarely create anything of their own.
I really do not understand how this would work in a game. I mean there must be more railroading than with the Trans-Siberian magistal! How can you run a scenario if you don't optimise it for your PCs and your background? I run plenty of CoC stuff for DC but I think most of the pre-designed scenarios are unplayable. And that is perfectly ok. They are not video games. I mean, what am I saying here? It's not like I have to convince somebody...
Phulish
Nome

Yeah.....

Post by Phulish »

I like Dark Conspiracy because one can mix solutions. Some take lead, others require more brain power. The fact you could utilize T2K2 or even a Cadillacs and Dinosaurs critter merely added more options. As I stated in another thread, I use Paul Mulcahy's Twilight 2000 site for weapons and explosives. If one were to print these it would be a library itself! The rules aren't perfect, but I prefer them over some of the games systems mentioned earlier.