Drug and Alcohol Effect Tables

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
Paul Mann III
Prole

Drug and Alcohol Effect Tables

Post by Paul Mann III »

1-10% = Quick Temper, Arguementie, Rude
-1 CHR, +1 UN COM DMG

11-20% = Passive, Confused, Seeking Solitude
-3 Attributes, -3 Skills, -3 Initiative

21-30% = Paranoid, Nervous, Disturbed
-2 CHR, +1 Init

31-40% = Disorientated, Clumsy, Scatter-Brained
-2 Skills, -2 Attribs

41-50% = Oblivious, Wasted, Bombed
-2 Skils, -2 Attribs, -2 Init

51-60% = Withdrawn, Quiet, Calm
No Effects

61-70% = ADDICT ROLL (Secure only when high)
Increase Addiction Level By One, requires PC takes another dose and makes an effect roll

71-80% = Depressed, Pessimistic, Negative
-1 Init, -1 Skills

81-90% = Hyped, Agitated, Edgy
+1 Init, +1 Skills, +1 Attribs

91-100% = Feel like SuperMan while high
+3 Init, +3 Skills, +3 Attribs

Drugs/Alcohol last 10 Hours, reduced by one hour per point of CON (i.e. 10-5= 5 Hours of effect)

Addiction Level - For every time a roll of ADDICT is made, increase the Addict level of that drug/alcohol. For every Addict level, increase the dose required. Addicts check once daily versus CON to avoid the drug for that day. Higher level Addicts make a difficult Check, and the Junkie makes his at Formidable (Very Difficult). I also sometimes make "stress-checks" on the addicts. If the situation is high pressure, require a CON or INT check to avoid seeking and taking the drug due to the tension.

Addict Level 1- x2 Dose
Addict Level 2- CON Check at Difficult
Addict Level 3- x3 Dose
Addict Level 4- CON Check at Very Difficult
Addict Level 5- x4 Dose

If anyone wants them, I also have tables for price, availability, and dose of each magor narcotic.
Last edited by Paul Mann III on Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I like President Truman...." -Rorshach-
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Yes! I want them. Very nice tabel. Is that all your invention?
Paul Mann III
Prole

Post by Paul Mann III »

Zvezda wrote:Yes! I want them. Very nice tabel. Is that all your invention?
Thank you. That means alot to me, D.C. is a life long labor of love.

More or less. Some of the descriptions of the effects were taken from Palladium (Rifts, I think). I created the Addict Levels as a another way to penalize the PC's and to flesh out some NPC's. The stat/skill effects are based some effects out of Ninja & Super Spies (also Palladium). I threw in a few real good rolls on the effect table to entice the PC's into using drugs/alcohol, but they've learned over the years....

My game is about to start, so after we play I'll put up those Narcotic charts for availibity/price/dose.
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Do you have something like StimPacks or healing portions? I don't but sometimes I wish to have stuff to make damaged PCs ready for the next round. I am also very interested in your hospital/healing price stuff. You don't have a webpage if I read your profile correctly. Or have you?
Paul Mann III
Prole

Post by Paul Mann III »

Zvezda wrote:Do you have something like StimPacks or healing portions? I don't but sometimes I wish to have stuff to make damaged PCs ready for the next round. I am also very interested in your hospital/healing price stuff. You don't have a webpage if I read your profile correctly. Or have you?
Yah, I don't heal my players so any real use. I extended the healing time tables to take longer. I DO sometimes use a "Doc in the Box," but it's a pretty rare item. I've only a few players take medical, ever, but I use the first aid rules from the book.

Nah, no web page yet, I hardly use the computer,except when I'm writing for Armchair General Forums.....

I'll get some more tables up later today. Drank too much at the game and didn't kill any Players..., I guess everyone has an off day, huh?
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Yeah that's okay you'll make up for this next time. Than you whipe out the whole gang. With a six shooter.
Paul Mann III
Prole

Narcotic Chart

Post by Paul Mann III »

>Cocaine (S/C) $50 per Gram or $16,000 per Kilo
+1 Physical Stats/ -1 Mental Stats/ -2 Charisma

>Marijuanna (V/V) $50 per Bag (3.5 Grams) or $3,000 per Pound
-1 Physical/ -1 Mental

>Alcohol (V/V) $20 per Bottle (750 ml) or Beer Case (24 cans)
+1 Physical/ -1 Mental/ -1 Initiative

>Heroin (R/S) $100 per Gram or $25,000 per Kilo
-2 All Attributes/ -2 Initiative

>Opium (S/C) $20 per Gram or $5,000 per Pound
-1 All Attributes/ -1 Initiative

>Methamphetamine (C/V) $20 per Gram or $3,000 per Pound
+1 Physical/ -2 Mental/ +1 Initiative

>LSD/MDMA/PCP (S/C) $5 per Dose or $100 per 100 Dose
+1 Physical/ -2 Mental/ -2 Initiative

Drugs last for 10 Hours minus CON, per dose taken. These purchase amounts are NOT one dose, most are 4 doses (except LSD/MDMA/PCP). Injected drugs will double their effects. If the effect time exceeds the CON of the player than OverDose has occured, the effects of which I leave up the GM. Someone who OD's on Alcohol may or may not be seriously injured or die. OD on Pot and your likely to just fall asleep, and if you OD on Coke or Heroin, PCP, Meth, ect. the effects range from going insane to being ill to death. I can't find my "Taumatic Experience" table, so when I do find it I'll be that for an OD table guide....