How would you feel about illuminated ads on your sunglasses?

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

How would you feel about illuminated ads on your sunglasses?

Post by ReHerakhte »

GloTech of Massachusetts in the USA have developed a set of glasses called GloSpex, that emit light but don't allow that light to backwash into the field of view of the wearer. My original feelings upon seeing the page was "Who cares? It's just another fashion fad but it might be interesting for cyberpunk games as a fashion item".
However reading further revealed more about what the glasses can do.

They can also display graphics or logos. So far they just emit light that is coloured by a detachable lens so any logos etc. would be "stills" and not video. However, illuminated graphics/logos is just the start, how long before they can display moving images, how soon before the advertising market jumps onto this?

Currently the company is trying to raise funds via IndieGoGo to allow them a larger production run. The page and the detail of the specs themselves is here
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/glospex

Given the absolute lack of need/use I have for these glasses, I still think they're kind of cool and I'm tempted to contribute to their crowd-funding.
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...
Zvezda
Darkling

Re: How would you feel about illuminated ads on your sunglas

Post by Zvezda »

Great find. The one thing I never understand about western democracies is that rich people get money if they display company logos while poor people have to pay for the privilege to display them.
Руки Вверх!
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Re: How would you feel about illuminated ads on your sunglas

Post by ReHerakhte »

And there's a lot of people in Western democracies who wonder about that as well!
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...