It's food but not as we know it

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

It's food but not as we know it

Post by ReHerakhte »

A BBC video article on Note by Note cuisine* which makes use of the principles of molecular gastronomy to create foods from base components rather than traditional food sources.
While the man behind it all makes many valid points about the need for security of food sources in a future of overpopulation, he (in my opinion) severely overestimates the desire to eat his creation.

But this is exactly the sort of practice I can imagine in the world of DC to feed the starving millions - now your food paste doesn't have to look or taste like grey cardboard.
However I find the idea of it about as disturbing as the truth behind Soylent Green.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24825582

*And you want to talk about conspiracies - the article linked to for Note by Note cuisine has an embedded video that I cannot access from Australia because "...this video is not available in your region due to right restrictions." Somebody at PBS doesn't trust we Australians... and I thought Australia and America were friends... :P :lol:
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...
Morthrai
Site Admin

Re: It's food but not as we know it

Post by Morthrai »

ReHerakhte wrote:Somebody at PBS doesn't trust we Australians... and I thought Australia and America were friends...

So did the ASIS until recently! 8)
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"