UAVs in the hands of civilians

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

UAVs in the hands of civilians

Post by ReHerakhte »

To see if it could be done, the guy in this article constructed a small UAV and equipped it with a paintball gun. He says he wanted to see if UAVs/drones could be used in ethically "gray areas".

The article goes on to ask two questions: -
First question: Can a mail-order drone kit handle a gun shooting off several rounds? Answer: Yes.
Second question: Is it accurate? Answer: Based on all the orange paintball hits, we’d say so.

I dispute the answers because a paintball gun has nothing approaching the recoil a firearm would generate and there's no information to show that the drone could handle that recoil -- but I'll bet someone tries it some time and they try to figure out a way for the drone to handle it.
But a paintball gun could be loaded with chemical delivery paintballs - skin irritant or tear gas type and so on

So, aside from all the government agencies having their unmanned aerial vehicles, perhaps in the future we may see neighbourhood watch with their own UAVs and when it comes to Dark Conspiracy, well the uses of a cheap, easy to build, easy to fly drone are only limited by your imagination.

Article here
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...